News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

The photo with Central Flying Service in the background was taken at Bowman Field in Louisville Kentucky. That building is still there and as I recall still says Central Flying Service.The control tower can be seen in the right side of the photo. It is still there as well, as this is now a General Aviation Airport.

rmk57

I couldn't think of a better person to go out and have a drink with than Jim Morrison back in the late 60's. Looks like he had good taste in cars to, if that's his Shelby.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

Quote from: rmk57 on 2018-07-31 09:38
I couldn't think of a better person to go out and have a drink with than Jim Morrison back in the late 60's. Looks like he had good taste in cars to, if that's his Shelby.

Not sure which post you are referring to, but if it's #267, that's Steve McQueen, the Cobra pics a couple of pages back are Carroll Shelby
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

rmk57

Pretty sure that's the "Lizard King".

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

You are correct...my bad. I don't know why I had it labeled in my files as McQueen. I just assumed from this pic and the Mustang...

:drunken_smilie:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

djfordmanjack

What....? a Bronco and  'Squareback Variant' in the same used car lot ?.... :003: those little German cars are my second passion.

Steve needed a shave and hair cut back then !

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

hiball3985

racing cowboy  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

hard to drive with spurs

hiball3985

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

djfordmanjack

wow ! cool pics all over. In post #283 is that Fred Steele with his channeled ( not yet) purple Deuce rdstr? looks like a Mass plate to me.

loving the Comets and Mercs in the Auto Exhibition pic.
and the 57 Country Squire parked next to the 56 Tschebberwalky. No need for a discussion about who's the Station wagon King !