News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

RICH MUISE

Very unique parking lot......or used car lot.........or.........what is that anyways, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Check out this parking lot at Ford:

Mesmerizing Alternating Diagonal Parking is certainly a mixed metaphor, but it undeniably describes today's image of a modern space-saving parking facility. Where it was shot is not known, but it was taken by professional photographer Joe Clark of Detroit, Michigan, whose specialty was, Pictures that tell a story.
So, if we let Joe Clark's photo tell us the story, it appears that at least ninety-percent or more of the automobiles in the image were produced by the Ford Motor Company. In a quick perusal of the snapshot below, split into two and enlargeable, only one imported car is visible. And, the alternating diagonal layout of the parking lot was set up to save space as apparently the lanes in the facility are one way to leave more room for cars to park and do it in less time.
Based on the story told in this late-1950s image it appears to be a Ford Motor Company facility parking lot, possibly at an assembly plant owned by the automaker.

Ecode70D

Seems like lots of cars have to be moved in order to get one out.  It also looks like the cars do not have plates on them, so it must be a used car lot.
Thank you for the nice pictures Joe. 

rmk57

Looks like there around 20 or so employees driving brand x vehicles that do not have the same loyalty to the fine automobiles their being paid to assemble.

Don't think they'll be getting the Christmas bonus.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

cokefirst

my Grandfather worked at Ford from the 20 until he retired in 1953.  He worked in the glass factory at the Twin Cities assembly plant.  Ford used to have close parking for employees who drove Ford vehicles but the union got that benefit removed during a labor negotiation. 
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

CobraJoe

Jay, parking was handled through lanes that were one way, alternating for each lane, all you had to do was pull in to the left or the right. (People actually knew how to drive back then, it would never work today)
As far as plates, they all appear to have tags on them when you enlarge the picture.

Cokefirst, that sounds about right for a Union.... :deadhorse:

Ecode70D

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2018-08-26 06:06
Jay, parking was handled through lanes that were one way, alternating for each lane, all you had to do was pull in to the left or the right. (People actually knew how to drive back then, it would never work today)
As far as plates, they all appear to have tags on them when you enlarge the picture.

Joe Thank you
     Now I want to know how you figured that out.  You look too young to have been there between all that parking maze. 

CobraJoe

RICH MUISE

I wonder if that is Hereford, Texas, about an hours drive sw of Amarillo.............don't remember any hilly areas around there though, so maybe not.
Joe, can you blow the original up enough to see what state the license plate is?
That green Ranch Wagon looks like one I drove in Mass. for a few months while I was saving $ to replace the 4 speed in my '63 421 Gran Prix. It was cheaper back then to buy an old beater than to buy a 4 speed
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-08-27 18:25
That green Ranch Wagon looks like one I drove in Mass. for a few months while I was saving $ to replace the 4 speed in my '63 421 Gran Prix. It was cheaper back then to buy an old beater than to buy a 4 speed

I can't figure out what the plate is.  That is certainly one nice "old  beater".

djfordmanjack

Jay, and our good friend Baumi has his 55 parked next to it... :002:

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-08-27 18:25
I wonder if that is Hereford, Texas, about an hours drive sw of Amarillo.............don't remember any hilly areas around there though, so maybe not.
Joe, can you blow the original up enough to see what state the license plate is?

From the internet:

"Hereford Tavern & Grocery, Oregon - 1950's
In the midst of the hunting and landscape pictures comes this slice of life - the Hereford Tavern and Grocery. Located in the middle of a beautiful nowhere in east-central Oregon - I too once stopped in Hereford on a Deer Hunting trip in the late 1970's.
"

Here it is today:

hiball3985

Amazing it is still there and hasn't be turned into a Starbucks  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang