News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

Tom S

rmk57

Quote from: Tom S on 2018-08-19 10:17
https://i.imgur.com/n19iODP.jpg
She look pretty exited!

I guess if you were a girl, you would be pretty exited if Robert Mitchum was picking you up in a 57 ford!
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Tom S

Quote from: rmk57 on 2018-08-19 10:30
I guess if you were a girl, you would be pretty exited if Robert Mitchum was picking you up in a 57 ford!
No doubt! At first i didn't notice the sign, Looks like it said 'Ledbetters Store'. Then the guy in the tipped back chair on the porch. Got curious about the pic maybe being from what you already knew it was from & found this just seconds before I got your post. https://www.imcdb.org/v117651.html

rmk57

The big discussion on the 57 in Thunder Road has always been what color the car was. Most black and white photo experts think it was willow green / colonial white?

Was supposed to be filmed in Tennessee / Kentucky but the battered plate looks like a 58 North Carolina plate, where the film was mostly shot.

Not a half bad movie for being pretty low budget.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

John Palmer

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2018-07-04 06:25

Wow!  Thanks for all of the vintage photos!  I have really enjoyed looking through the history.

I found a photo of the dealership that I worked at just after I got out of highschool in the summer of 1965.  Page #12, photo #173 is Don Sanderson Ford, in Glendale Arizona.  This was their original Glendale location just across the street from Joe's hamberger stand.  They made the best chilli burgers anywhere.  This was on the corner of Grand ave and about 57th or 58th ave?  About 1960 they built a brand new large 17 acre modern dealership just down the street at 53rd Ave and Grand Ave., with a full body shop, and a large truck shop.  This was then the largest ford dealership west of the Missisippi River.  They were then (and still are) a Ford Total Performance (Ford Racing) parts stocking dealership.  We drag raced a dealership sponsered 1963 Falcon Sprint 289 (11.70's at 2600# in 1967 AHRA C/MP). 

MY first job that summer was working in the used car department "setting clocks".  This was a commonly done procedure on any used car that was traded in with more than 12,000 miles per year "showing on the odometer".  Pull the dash, drop out the odometer, roll off the needed mileage, and put it back together.  Of coarse "today", this is a Federal Offense!  LOL My how times change in just a short 43 years!     

CobraJoe

Thanks John, glad you enjoyed them. I remember the procedure vey well, remove the instrument cluster, remove the odometer with the shaft, hold the last 5 wheels together with a piece of masking tape, and slide the first whell off the shaft and rotate in increments of 10K miles to desired mileage.  :003:

Different world back then....

FiveSevenLiter

My brother's pictures from Seattle.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

CobraJoe

Nice addition 57liter

Ecode70D

"Setting clocks"   I have not heard that term for about 40 years.  It suppose it would be difficult  today with the electronic stuff and everything that's  controlled by a computer.