News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Joe
    Is that the Sagamore bridge to the cape in picture 4162?
JA

CobraJoe

Jay, I thought the same thing, unfortunately, I have been unable to find any info on that pic and there are no visible license plates.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ecode70D

Joe
   I was looking for plates also.
   If  no one is claiming that bridge,  Why don't we?   There has to be someone that wants to buy a bridge.
     Rich.   You are from Mass.  is that one of the two that cross over to the cape?
Jay

djfordmanjack

Jay, I'd like to help you claim that bridge, but unfortunately not what you think it is.
No use asking a Texan from Colorado, you rather ask a New England guy from Austria ! :002: :003:

That day I was riding shotgun in a 1934 Ford cab, but can't remember whose that was...

if you look at the portal construction, the bridges appear totally different. the unkown bridge in Joes pic has an all convex shape, while Sagamore (spell: Sug ah mo.ee  :003: :002:) is concave from entry to portal. also the portal header girder is crowned on Sagamore and straight on the other unkown bridge. Those steel structure bridges from that period and earlier, they are just work of art!!!
a little hard to make out the numbers, built from 1933 to 1935.

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2020-05-23 06:20

CobraJoe

Good eye DJ....  :003:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

Enjoying a "top down" day
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

Ecode70D

if you look at the portal construction, the bridges appear totally different. the unkown bridge in Joes pic has an all convex shape, while Sagamore (spell: Sug ah mo.ee  :003: :002:) is concave from entry to portal. also the portal header girder is crowned on Sagamore and straight on the other unkown bridge. Those steel structure bridges from that period and earlier, they are just work of art!!!
a little hard to make out the numbers, built from 1933 to 1935.

Joe    It took an engineer from across the pond to show me that I was getting ready to sell the wrong bridge.
  Guenter   I will always remember that day when we took a drive  to the cape and drove around the back roads in the sedan and you took that picture.  It was a very warm day in October.   

hemidave

I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but we used to drive out to the cape just about every nice weekend in the summer. When our niece was 3, we were approaching the Sagamore Bridge, and she asked if we were going over it. After saying yes, she did not want to go any further. She thought we were going to drive over the top of the bridge...LOL,,something we and she will never forget !
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

djfordmanjack

that is a funny story, Dave !  :003:
That bridge is so beautiful !

CobraJoe

hemidave

'61

Ecode70D

Quote from: hemidave on 2020-05-25 22:54
I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but we used to drive out to the cape just about every nice weekend in the summer. When our niece was 3, we were approaching the Sagamore Bridge, and she asked if we were going over it. After saying yes, she did not want to go any further. She thought we were going to drive over the top of the bridge...LOL,,something we and she will never forget !

Hemidave   Thank you very much for sharing that nice story with us.
      Somewhere In my collection of stuff, I have a " Cape cod  tunnel pass "   I jokingly would show it to people that complained about the traffic on the two bridges and told them to use the tunnel.  "There is no tunnel."
Someone made the passes as a joke.   
     Joe thanks for the call last night.   It's always nice talking to you .   Just curious do you have a Cape Cod tunnel pass?

CobraJoe

I used to  have a Cape Cod Tunnel Permit on the back bumper of my pickup.

CobraJoe

hemidave

I'm going to print out a "Cape Cod Tunnel Permit"  and give it to my niece !