News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

yes Joe, that wild and setback 34 Coupe warms my heart ! WOW lots of things going on in the pic. Probably a Flathead with the 3 pipes, but maybe a Cad or early Olds ? Its interesting that the body is a 34 5wd with a 34 hood, but thats a 33 grilleshell ! ON race cars you find the most interesting stuff.

CobraJoe

Thanks guys,  just a little busy, and I kinda got into a little funk with my dads 1 year anniversary on September 11th. Rest assured, I hadn't ventured too far....
Yeah, some of the old pics are wild, sure they may have a "Hemi" in them, or mismatched parts,but some of the stuff is just flat out cool! Hell, isn't that what "Hot Rodding" is all about?
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2020-09-14 14:46
Thanks guys,  just a little busy, and I kinda got into a little funk with my dads 1 year anniversary on September 11th. Rest assured, I hadn't ventured too far....
Yeah, some of the old pics are wild, sure they may have a "Hemi" in them, or mismatched parts,but some of the stuff is just flat out cool! Hell, isn't that what "Hot Rodding" is all about?

Understood...you and your dad had "that" relationship. for years mine was Dec 26th...my grandfather's b-day, after he passed. We all have our twangs from time to time.
Welcome back!   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

hemidave

Watch out for dogsleds !
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

hemidave

'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

terry_208

Strange but I envision that most if not all garages looked like the one shown in post#4702.  As Hugh can attest mine doesn't look much different now except for the cement floor and the unfinished sheet rock, and...I guess mine looks a lot different.  Great picture.
Terry

Ford Blue blood

Looks like a "working" garage to me.  One that has no grinding dust or paint spots on the walls is a storage facility.

I'm going to have to guess he is not going to be the owner/driver of that coupe.  As tall as he is he would be folded up in that thing like a cheap billfold!  I'm 6'2" and do not have an early coupe or roadster because I do not like being cramped up.  If it ain't fun to drive there is no need to have it!  That's why my street rod is a sedan, I can stretch out in that bad boy!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2020-09-16 08:43

I'm going to have to guess he is not going to be the owner/driver of that coupe.  As tall as he is he would be folded up in that thing like a cheap billfold!  I'm 6'2" and do not have an early coupe or roadster because I do not like being cramped up.
He is standing on the running boards, so he's probably 6" shorter lol.

SkylinerRon

Re; 4699   Was that photo taken at Beaver Springs?

hemidave

Fairbanks