News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasso

Whats the engine in the roadster?  Thought it was an Olds until I noticed it only has three exhaust ports per side.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

hiball3985

Quote from: thomasso on 2021-10-19 18:05
Whats the engine in the roadster?  Thought it was an Olds until I noticed it only has three exhaust ports per side.
I'm guessing Cadillac?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Rancher

Low res image, but, "ear" engine mounts, three exhaust ports, perimeter bolted cover... seems like all but Cad have been eliminated?

djfordmanjack

yes Norms old 'Kookie' T had a Cad.

Is that king-of-kool Kat Stevo, looking over his smashed Cobra ?

CobraJoe

Ni, this was posted with the pic, although I do not know the author...

"1967

This was my mom's 289 Cobra. The brakes faded while racing at Willow Springs and ran off the race into a small ditch. The sad story was that is was sold as is thus it wasn't handed down to me! She was the #1 California Women's State Champion (3rd overall - including men's).

BTW, my dad crash two 427 Cobras! One he rolled 5 times, another hand me down lost!"

This link to his Flickr account provides some background if you read the comments:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/4durt/2073687313/
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

Thank you Joe, now I see that is a Lady driver !

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2021-10-20 16:12
yes Norms old 'Kookie' T had a Cad.

Norm lived up here in my area. My friend that I got my T85 trans from built a tribute car replica, one of his thirty cars.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

rmk57

Built Ford Tough....

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

djfordmanjack

^ nice line of Mustang Fastbacks, but whats really rare is the 1967 Sports Top International Scout !