News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Nice....you have half the battle won looking at the tail gate.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

'Morning Guys.
Motorhead..you obviously figured the posting pic thing out...great..we love pics. Great to see your saving another '57. Bill was right..tailgates for wagons and Rancheros are hard to come by.
I looked out of curiosity at the Dennis Carpenter website for your body mount kit, and was surprised to not see one listed. We have plenty of Ranchero owners here, and that I recall I don't remember anyone bringing the body mount kit up as a problem. If you don't get a response here from them, do a post in the general discusion area, or the tech discusion area. My guess is that the majority of the kit would be the same as the passenger car, but that's just a guess. Also, to my knowledge, Dennis Carpenter is the only one reproducing those, all the other distributors are selling theirs
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

sprink88

Wouldn't the wagon mount kit work? I THOUGHT they were the same platform. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Trying to dust cobwebs off my brain on this.
~Chris

hiball3985

The wagon and ranchero should be the same. The last time I considered buying a set they were no longer available. I can't even remember who the supplier was now..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2014-06-11 09:58
The wagon and ranchero should be the same. The last time I considered buying a set they were no longer available. I can't even remember who the supplier was now..

Dennis Carpenter is the guy
here?..

http://dennis-carpenter.com/car49-59body-to-frame-pad-kits/c/2616/filter/100000005113eq100000005151/
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

That's what I was looking at yesterday...they're not listing a set for the Rancheros or wagons, just the passenger cars and either the convert. or retratable(can't remember which of those two}. It wouldn't hurt to give them a call.

Jeff Norwell

I would just call Carpenters.they are just the best and most knowledgeable?? Don't call Macs?unless you want to talk to a 18 year old catalog reader??
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

Steele Rubber Products list a kit for Customs and Fairlanes but it also says it's for Courier/Sedan Delivery, nothing mentioned about Ranchero/Wagons. I thought the Courier would have been the same as the Ranchero/Wagons. Some of these sites are very confusing and the info isn't always complete or accurate..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

Hot Rod Power Tour went by this morning.  Went to the end of the driveway with a lawn chair...just sat and watch them go by...cool!

RICH MUISE

That was cool..about how many where there?
Too hot to cook tonight..went to the Colonel's to pick up some dinners for us....place was unusually empty for a wednesday($2. chicken fried steak dinner night)...I'm alone..walked up to the counter and asked for 4 dinners. "for here or to go?" she asked. When I laughed she figured out I wasn't going to eat 4 myself.
We're leaving in the morning for OK City to pick up my new-to-me daily driver, then Friday we've got to go to Abilene to pick up our Grand neice..man, I'm sure glad the wife is paying the gas bill.

gasman826

The Hot Rod 2014 Power Tour official route went right by in front of the barn.  I had the overhead door open and was trying to work on the car.  Every time I heard something rolling down the road, I dropped what I was doing and stared out at the road.  After about half an hour of this, I just gave up and grabbed a chair and headed for the end of the drive.  Hot Rod says near 4000 collectable cars are on the road each day.  I probably missed an hour of the action and sat in the chair for three hours waving them on.  Some locals and many 'long haulers'.  Traditional hot rods, daily drivers, cruisers, rats, pro-street, late models, burners, donks, vans, wagons, motor homes, empty transporters, Hot Rod motor medics, micro bus,...

Bummed the rest of the day.  Gotta' work harder of the car!!!!!!!!!!

Frankenstein57

That 's an afternoon well spent, we had a good guys show here locally, my daughter and I would set up lawn chairs and watch them go by.    Mark

Ford Blue blood

They end up in my old stomping grounds this year....Wisconsin Dells, only 24 miles from the farm.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hotroddonnie

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2014-06-12 21:55
That 's an afternoon well spent, we had a good guys show here locally, my daughter and I would set up lawn chairs and watch them go by.    Mark
Doesn't get much better then that. My two daughters were always hangin around cars and shows with me. After dinner they would sometimes come out to the garage change my radio station and do their homework at the work bench while I worked on what ever car I had. Their older and have lives of their own but we still manage to get a little car activity in some how. Fathers Day tomorrow and they are both coming home and neither one has been in the 57 since I got it finish, so we'll be going for a little cruise.

Frankenstein57

That sounds like fun, my daughter and I took the 58 to a car show at a local speed shop today, kind of an annual event lately. Lots of friends there , and great Detroit iron. Then tonight my wife and son and I went to a dirt track late model race, 5K to win, great show and a great day. Last night was my 40th high school reunion, that was interesting.......  Today was the first fathers day of my life without my pa, kind of different, Mark