News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

I hate the change and trying to adjust, makes we wish I lived in Arizona.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

counter productive

RICH MUISE

went on another cruise this past weekend. I wanted to get one more in before the snow started flying. This one was around 900 miles, and similar to one I took earlier this year to southern Oklahoma, but this time I had a slightly different destination, which was Lake Texoma on the border between Texas and Oklahoma. I could have taken 287 southeast out of Amarillo down to witchita falls, then east, but elected to go east on I40/old66 to OKC, then south on I35 to the lake. LOL...do you guys that drive your '57's regularly notice things like gas stops and rest areas can take a long time if you're willing? I love people asking about the car. I was filling up in Elk City on the first day, and a guy in a late Mustang pulled up in the next pump. First thing he said was..."I've got a '57 Ford too" Well, you know that discussion went 20 minutes or so. He's got a Fairlane 2 dr sedan with a 460. He hasn't been driving it because of overheating issues.
Forgot...Lake Texoma is where my '57 was when I bought it. I was living in Colorado at the time and trailered it home and parked it in my driveway for 4 years...."gonna get to it some day". I did.
First pic is of the Budget Inn I stayed at in Madill. Only three customers there even though it was a Saturday. Off season. Nice because there was only one other car in the back two new buildings, so I just slept with the curtains not drawn so I could keep an eye on the car.
The second pic....if you zoom in on the area between the two small trees above my roofline you can see the  portion of the bridge where the boats pass. That was about in the middle of the bridge! That's a big lake....probably take a full day to drive around it and investigate all the side roads.
The return route home was the smaller highways thru the ranch country of Oklahoma. That way I was able to avoid much of the Thanksgiving travellers returning home Sunday.

RICH MUISE

We don't have any big lakes in N Texas, so I really enjoyed the area. The trip once again was uneventful as far as problems with the car...YAHOO again! I do have some new squeaks and "rubbing" going on somewhere. Going to get it up on a lift and have them check everything out....especially the ball joints since the car now has about 9K miles on it. I ran into a heavy mist/light rain for about 2 or 3 hours on the way home...sure appreciated my intermittent wipers!! Also, I did find out definetly what the gas leak at the gas filler was, and it is definetly the vent tube. I had stopped for five minutes 50 miles down the road from filling it up, and in that 5 minutes there was a small puddle of gas on the concrete under the license plate. The tube was pushing out a steady drip. First time I was able to actually see the leak I had been chasing for a  few months now. I think that also explains why my gas mileage had been dropping on long trips. That's the only time I actually fill it up. It probably also explains why I had been noticing the gas needle dropping  much quicker than it use to to 3/4. New vent tube material for a redo was picked up today. I figured out how to reroute it without having the necessary almost immediate drop that it has now the way I routed it initially.

djfordmanjack

Rich, your round trip stories are always inspiring, keep them coming and the car rolling !! :001:
It was seeing the Rocket Igniter Wheels on your car that made me do something similar. I like the looks of those Halibrand Kidney Bean style wheels, as they look both fresh and still somewhat vintage since 1958 I believe.
I put these on my Daily Driver 1964 German Ford Taunus Turnier wagon. Hardly any of you will probably know that car.
Rarely seen Speedmasters on a metric wheel bolt pattern.

RICH MUISE

Thanks DJ...........wow, those wheels are awesome on that Taunus. Somewhere in my archives I've got some pics of a '57 Ford Taunus, but I had never seen pics of other years. That wagon is absolutely beautiful. A recent addition?
I remembered this morning, on this trip, I also found the hazard lights I have on the car to be very useful. I had someone tailgating me in a long construction zone. I've found not too many will tailgate me but there's always someone. I particularly worry about it since I have no back bumper. I find tapping my brake light on only works about 1/2 the time, and it wasn't with him. I flipped the hazzard switch on for about 5 seconds and he backed right off and stayed back.

Zapato

Love seeing Pegasus on your wagon.

Zap -  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Me too, I forgot to mention that....Hell of an impact for a sticker!!

djfordmanjack

thanx guys. I put those stickers on magnetic foil and have had it on all of my cars since, starting at my 57SD, the Model A Hotrod, the Comet, some of the Volkswagens, the Del Rio, MG...they look good on any old car. love the Pegasus. Jay also gave me a license plate topper along with the 34 Ford and I have an original tin metal 1934 Mobiloil Pegasus license plate topper, which I don't dare using on the car honestly. It's in the cabinet behind my desk. just too nice :003: I also collect cans , lube stickers, maps and all kinds related to the Mobiloil Pegasus.
I've had the Taunus for half a year now and it's getting very reliable by now. 2 owner car with 40 years of first ownership. very very dry and original car.

djfordmanjack

forgot commenting on your tailgating , Rich.
Most people drive up much too close these days. They think they have powerful new brakes. But they forget that the second of reaction in our brains has been the same since 100.000 BC.

gasman826

So much for holding out for NOS Ranch Wagon emblems...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182368843494?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I didn't bid because it is for a Del Rio.

RICH MUISE

?? You didn't what because what's Del Rio??..... I'm confused.
That was a lot of bucks for ONE script.

highpockets

Good morning. I haven't been on here in a long time and was searching for a Ford Forum and remembered I was registered here. I actually have a 58 Courier Sedan Delivery...57 tail lights so maybe that qualifies me to be here. I have owned it since 72 and am currently on the 3rd version of it. Went from 6 and 3 on the tree, 390 4 speed, 302 AT. 302 5 speed and now 390 C6. I'm hoping to have it back together again this coming summer. It's been apart now for going on 3 years and I really miss cruising in it.

lalessi1

Quote from: highpockets on 2016-12-08 10:24
Good morning. I haven't been on here in a long time and was searching for a Ford Forum and remembered I was registered here. I actually have a 58 Courier Sedan Delivery...57 tail lights so maybe that qualifies me to be here. I have owned it since 72 and am currently on the 3rd version of it. Went from 6 and 3 on the tree, 390 4 speed, 302 AT. 302 5 speed and now 390 C6. I'm hoping to have it back together again this coming summer. It's been apart now for going on 3 years and I really miss cruising in it.

Welcome back! Good luck getting your car up and running. My car was an original 6/MT, when I bought it 4 years ago it had a  302/AOD. I put a 390/Toploader in it and recently built a 462FE which is pushing it around now. Lot of help here for us lovers of these cars
Lynn