News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Ah what the hell...just paint in pink with purple stripes and yellow polka-a-dots.   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

This is the code that John gave me, and to be honest, if it is good enough for his beautiful restoration, it's sure as hell good enough for mine.   :002:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Yep!!! The car looks fantastic, but I think the silver is a little off, lol. (just kidding). Makes me want to go out and polish my chrome.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Yep, that silver is too glossy, but I'm not a purist, mine isn't even silver. That is one fine looking 57.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Johns 57 Custom is just soooooo good !
Looking forward to see it in person one of these days !
I am glad you are going with the silver gravel panel on your car, Joe. I believe it will look nice. either because of the red/white combo or because your Fairlane has all that sweet ss chrome trim around the windshield and side glass. that silver panel will look great with that imho.

Ecode70D

Joe
    I'm glad t hat you are painting the valance panel argent also.  John Gave me the color code also I was doing mine.  Jay

jviera

dj,  if you get back here over the river I know you are going to go to Jay's and Joe's "cobra" I'm only 25 min. in either direction. welcome any time. John

djfordmanjack

John, thank you for the invitation! Hopefully I will be able to jump over the big river in future and would be glad to see your car in person! It looks so stunning ! Guenter

mustang6984

Oh if you ford the river I will hopefully be settled by then and we can spend some time shaking things up a bit.  :006:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Got it pretty well squared away today, buckets in and gaps finalized and it's starting to look "normal" again:

Final door gap is good now:

Looks like they shimmed the cowl out to get a better gap on the hood, now I need to remove it  and get it back closer to the windshield:

Picture of the lower valence damage that needs to get repaired now that it's hammered back into shape:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

RICH MUISE

Those are some of the best gaps I've seen on a '57! Makes me wonder if someone in the past did some metal addition and subtraction to the panel edges to get them that good, and sometime after, it got lost from a small collision. Normally that's the only way you can get them that good. Other that mine, yours is also one of the few that I've seen that has eliminated the seams on the outside surfaces of the splash panel. I always wondered why more guys didn't clean them up.

mustang6984

NICE! Those door/fender and hood/fender gaps look really good. By summer you will be thrilled t be seen driving that lady. Guess that is you doing the work eh?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Thanks guys, and no, I would be the guy taking the picture, eh!

:003:

Actually, he is the older gentlemen that works at my buddies shop; he has been doing frames and repairing wrecks on these old cars all his life. He is very good at what he does and knew exactly what needed to be done and to where, before we even took it apart.

Funny thing, he actually had to pull the front filler panel between the fenders down and out to get the gap good after everything else was aligned. They must have bent it backwards to align the '58 light fabrication they did.

You gotta admit, she looks better with two rather than four eyes.   :thumbsup:

mustang6984

I think she looks adoring! Can't wait to see 'er with a fresh coat of "make-up" and in her natural setting...on the asphalt drawing admiring looks from those people green with envy!   :003:

Yea...I thought about the fact that you had to be the shutterbug after I posted.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I just got my NSRA Streetscenes monthly mag......and it looks like the nsra shows for Pueblo(June 26-29) and OKC (July 10-12) are on !!! Yahoo!!!
Interesting note...some changes to use of the Pueblo Fairgrounds due to the Co. governor and CDA having taken over control of the main event center for treatment of Corona patients.
NSRA in Albuquerque is also on for August 21-23
OK, back to doing taxes, URG!!!