News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairlane62

Glad nothing was broken, and that you didn't hit your head.  I fell from a roof a couple years ago and among various injuries was a bad concussion.  It took months to recover from that.  (my wife thinks I've still not recovered) :003:

James

rmk57

Quote from: 59meteor on 2022-02-03 17:52
I got to ride in an ambulance to the hospital, for the first time in my life this afternoon. Seems in addition to snow shoveling heart attacks, this weather also is good for old farts slipping on the ice, and injuring themselves. I was worried about a possible fractured pelvis or hip, but the Xrays show other than being black and blue, having a huge bump on my hip, and in pain for a few days, plus not moving very much, the doctor said that I should be OK. My wife called the ambulance, because I was going into shock, and passing out. when the paramedics hooked me up to the machine, my blood pressure had dropped quit a bit, and my heart rate was also low. So they  hooked me up to a couple of IVs before the ride to the hospital. Getting old and clumsy kinda sucks! Funny thing is, it was warming up today, and melting the snow and ice, but it made the slope of my driveway much slicker. Summer can`t come soon enough!

Good to hear your on the mend Rory. Stick to something safer like pulling the engine / trans on your Fairmont or Meteor?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Safest would be sitting in the living room...looking out the window...watching some kid shovel whilst you drink an adult beverage of some sort... :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

We've all seen the ad on tv with the guy in the front yard hollering "way to dangerous Kevin" as he's plucking out the leaves from his gutters. That is one thing I'm very cautious about. The rear of our house is 25 high that rests on a concrete patio. That I absolutely wont climb a ladder to clean out. The front is 10-12 feet with a lawn below the gutters. those I will clean or hang Christmas lights on. Kind of a risk assessment thing when you get older.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

rm...OH yea! Reminds me of an event in my past...
I knew the Gorton family in WA state...Senator Slade Gorton was a doer...not much for paying someone to do what he thought he could or should do.
One afternoon I get a call from Sally, his wife...telling me he is up on the roof...on the back of the house...cleaning the shakes...with a hose. Cedar shakes when wet...are like glass...and the back of the house was like yours...25 feet or maybe more...from the concrete patio below. She had told him to get down...and he told her he wanted to get the roof cleaned off first. She knew that at the time I was working for a contractor who had me doing that sort of work...so off I go to the house.
I climbed up...and told him that he was in danger of falling from the roof with tennis shoes on and i would be happy to finish it for him, as i had my corks with me. About that time she came out again and told him to get down...so he looked at me and handed me the hose...sighed...and got down, He almost 60 at the point.
This was in the upper side of the mid-80's...he only passed away about 3 years ago. Glad he listened to me...LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

FiveSevenLiter

Stopped to see a good customer and he was covered in bruises, black eye, cut up and moving slowly.  The rest of the story was he took his wife to the bus depot and while sitting at home alone on Sunday morning he decided to go up the ladder and take down his Christmas lights, ladder broke and he dropped 2 stories and went through his garden shed roof, both hands still holding the eaves trough that he hoped would save him and they were pointed to the sky.  Shed was full of crap so he was self impaled for a couple hours until his neighbour got home from church to extricate him from the shed.  Broken ladder, new roof on the shed, broken eaves trough, blamed it all on the neighbour.
Terry
:canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

rmk57

One day I was doing some touch up painting on my garage. The approach leading into my garage is sloped somewhat. I had the ladder leaning on the siding about 12 feet up and I was most of

the way at the top and I'll be damned if the ladder didn't kicked out and slide backwards down the driveway, then slam to the ground with me on it. I was lucky I didn't get a scratch, although the

there marks on the siding and a couple dings on the metal door from the ladder ends slamming into it. I'll never make that mistake again!
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

terry_208

I was on a 10 foot ladder that the started sliding out when I reached the third rung.  I was like the cartoon with the guy climbing like crazy and going nowhere.  By the time I the top of the ladder, I simply put my foot on the floor.   Because I was   in the military there were plenty of guys standing around watching and laughing. 
Terry

mustang6984

How is it that saying goes...? "
The measure of stupidity of your action is how many people are watching said action..."
Oh...I have entertained a lot of people in my day...too many... :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

I think a lot of us have done things that are eligible for Darwin awards.. :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2022-02-04 20:26
I think a lot of us have done things that are eligible for Darwin awards.. :003:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                Well... :laughing4: ...yea...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

You guys that remember some of my "another really bad day" posts can attest to that, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

The hard part is the brain says "we can do this" but the body says "not so fast buddy" and deciding which you figure is the one to listen to!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

The last few years...the body has been winning out more often than the deceiving brain...thankfully!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

59meteor

Quote from: rmk57 on 2022-02-04 09:29
Good to hear your on the mend Rory. Stick to something safer like pulling the engine / trans on your Fairmont or Meteor?
Randy, the engine and transmission are both out of the 59 right now. In the process of installing a new pair of TFS aluminum heads on the 428, and and new clutch as well.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.