News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

This is just so sad, SO SAD !!!! such a horrible way to to lose lives and historical planes. at loss of words.

Lgcustom

The loss of lives is very sad. The loss of the B-17 is also very sad for me personally as my wife and i were able to take a ride on this plane when it was based in Galveston. Also, just a few weeks ago we were watching it fly over our lakehouse in Conroe. Unbelievable that it's gone! Another connection is that one of my uncles was a tailgunner during WWII. He was shot down and survived to finish the required missions.

RICH MUISE

Very sad on the loss of 6 lives, I believe all veterans. I wonder if they'll ever figure out why the fighter apparently flew into the bomber. Had to be horrific for the folks on the ground watching. Something they'll never get over.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

It has to be said that luckily there were no fatalities among spectators, public traffic or local residents. But that still doesn't bring back the crews to their families and those significant historic planes.
As somebody who also served in the Air Force and has a lifelong interest in aviation and history I can't help but also think about the ten thousands of hours that had been lovingly spent by probably hundreds if not thousands of enthusiasts and qualified personnel to keep these birds flying.....it's really very sad to see the debris and leftovers in the field.
Whatever the cause for this accident was, I just have to think what if. a fraction of a second earlier or later, a few knots less of airspeed and it would have maybe been a clipped wing tip, fractured rudder and a bent propeller on the Cobra and they all could have made it back to the airfield safely....wishful thinking, I know....
Texas Raiders will be missed along with her crew !

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

In this June 21, 1959 file photo, Texas driver Carroll Shelby enjoys a swig of champagne after combining with British veteran Roy Salvadori to win the 24-Hour Endurance Auto Classic at Le Mans, France. Dressing up the picture is Miss Sophie Destrade, of France, Miss Europe of 1959. Shelby, the legendary race driver and Shelby Cobra sports car designer,  died at the age 89 on May 10, 2012.

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

this is totally off topic, but I just can't believe the natural beauty of that woman. She could be your neighbors girl, but yet she was Miss Europe. No artificial lips, next to no make up, no offensive clothing, no anorexia, just a pretty everyday French girl ! Love it !

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2022-11-19 10:07In this June 21, 1959 file photo, Texas driver Carroll Shelby enjoys a swig of champagne after combining with British veteran Roy Salvadori to win the 24-Hour Endurance Auto Classic at Le Mans, France. Dressing up the picture is Miss Sophie Destrade, of France, Miss Europe of 1959. Shelby, the legendary race driver and Shelby Cobra sports car designer,  died at the age 89 on May 10, 2012.

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Ford Blue blood

Why?  Just because you can doesn't mean you should!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II