News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Workers outside the Ford assembly plant in Highland Park, Oct. 20, 1922.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Absolutely beautiful car. I can't remember that last time I saw one of those....not sure what it is actually.........'67...68?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

It is a '68. X2
Lynn

CobraJoe

Yes, a '68 GT. My dad bought one in '74 for a second family car; always loved them, especially in Medowlark Yellow.

I have a '68 GT project car that is an absolutely rust free Nevada Car that I want to build someday:

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

gasman826

I've always had a weakness for '66-70 Fairlane coupes.  Everyone raves about the Sport Roof but I like the coupes.  I test drove and nearly bought a R code,'69 Fairlane Cobra Coupe...a real screamer!  The color was Dark Jade but commonly recognized as OD green.  Olive Drab was NOT a popular color in 1969.  Maybe some of you old military types know what I mean.  My first Fairlane wound up being a '66 GT that I painted Indian Fire (copper metallic).  Many years later, maybe 2000ish, I bought a rust free, 28K mile, R code Cobra project.

djfordmanjack

those are absolutely stunning ! beautiful & rare. Not a muscle car or late 60s guy myself, but totally appreciate the clean lines on these! also love late 60s LTD, Rancheroes and even suicide door t birds. They get little love today, but all are beautiful !

djfordmanjack

this dandelion yellow 68 was the star of our recent local car show. Very rare og color option and an all around sweet and clean car.

CobraJoe

I agree, they are beautiful cars.
I was fortunate, this guy rebuilt the 302 w/ Edlebrock aluminum heads and 4 bbl. intake, Wilwood, power front disc brakes and all new front suspension, new power steering and pump,  new headliner (in box) new front & rear seats, new (in box) door panels, new rug, extra dash, new 17" Sumitomo's  and new stereo and amp. Everything is solid w/ zero rot, just that lite rust that a desert car has.
The "white dots" are splatter from them painting the ceiling in the shop he had the car stored at.
It is also a AC car w/ the original York AC compressor in the trunk; I'll probably replace it with a Sanden unit.
Sadly, He ran out of time and money.....

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

NICE !  :001:
I know this is probably not an option to you, Joe, but I think it makes a great candidate for a weathered patina look car. I guess that is mostly faded og paint and the house paint speckles could be removed by wet sanding and the remains of og paint and surface rust waxed and preserved, like Jeff did on his b/w 57 Custom 300.

CobraJoe

Thanks, I'm just not a fan of "patina", I guess I'm just to old.
My plan is to restore it back to original as much as possible. Not sure if I will keep it Royal Burgundy or change it to Meadowlark Yellow. Either way it will have a black vinyl top again and probably Crager SS's if I can't fit the 15" GT wheels around the disc brakes.
It will resemble this roughly if it stays Burgundy:

PLAN A:

PLAN B:

PLAN C:

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

thomasso

Can't find pictures and probably couldn't load them anyway but built 68 Fairlane HT for my son in high school in the 80s.  Nosed. decked, and door handles removed. black clear coat.  Besides being a Ford fan I also love Buick nailheads.  The car got a 401 and the Flightpitch dynaflow.  Yes it will burn the RR tire off.  He still has it. I still have my 63 Black Riveria and a newly built 425 nailhead on engine stand just in case.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

djfordmanjack

This is so strikingly beautiful, it nearly hurts... W O W ! absolutely
idolize how the rear tires sit in the fenders. it is so perfect. and just came from the car sitting low and the low wind resistance body hugging over it. Hot Rodders will beg and steal for such a look, It is just PERFECT !

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2024-08-27 07:08

djfordmanjack

I saw that coming Joe... :002:
How about 15" steel wheels and hubcaps. Certainly the burgundy is a great choice, Loving it !

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2024-08-27 07:06Thanks, I'm just not a fan of "patina", I guess I'm just to old.