News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Paint finally starting to go onto 57 AGIN

Started by 57AGIN, 2011-08-03 14:12

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Bill...same here..looked but no listings for legacy. They did have a legends series.  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Legacy wheels are there just go to     www.billetspecialties.com  and type in legacy on their search window.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57AGIN

Zapato:

Thanks for the info.  When I got to their site, I typed Legacy rims into their search box and got a no such item response.  Then, I actually followed directions for a change and typed in legacy and got the pictures of the Legacy style rims.  They look pretty good.  I'll keep them in mind when deciding about the rims.

Bob
57 AGIN

JPotter57

Yeah, those look good, I was expecting some foose or coddington looking billets, these actually look good.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

Hi All:

The sanding of the clear coat has begun.  Yesterday I stopped by Santini's and found the 57 half in and half out of the garage, eith one of Santini's workers blocking the rear of the car with 800 grit.  Pete said that he will do the whole car with 800, followed by 1000, then 1500 and finally 2000 (I may be off a little in this as my memory is not what it used to be, lol).  This will be followed by the buffing wheel and about 3 different buffing compounds.  I continue to be amazed at the man hours and attention to detail involved in doing a decent paint job.

My wife and I are going on vacation for 3 weeks, so I won't be able to see the transformation taking place.  Rick and Santini have been teasing me and telling me when I get back the Bel Air moldings and "Bow Ties" will be finished so the car can be put together again.  What are friends for anyway???

Here are a couple of the last of the non-shiney photos.

Bob57 AGIN

F570RD

Bel Air moldings......LOL.You better have the guy that brings your mail in to check on the car too.

JimNolan

Bob,
   I won. I go get my car today. I'll get a picture of it and post it on this thread. The trim's not on it yet but " IT'S COMMING HOME PAINTED." Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

57AGIN

Jim:

I'm happy for you.  Guess you could say, "I'm just glad that one of us is finally able to start getting our rides back onto the road."

While I'm anxious to get back to work on 57 AGIN, I'm not just sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Santini's guys are busy going though the sand paper and the wife and I are sifting sand through our toes over here on the "Big Island" of Hawaii.    The wife retired from her teaching job this year and scheduled our vacation this year to begin right after school started, so she wouldn't be tempted to listen to the pleas of the new Principal to come back and help them start the new school year.  Of course her schedule didn't correspond to mine at all.  I've missed the following car shows:  Shelby's on the Santa Monica Pier, Mustangs at the Queen Mary, Cursin' for a Cure (Rick and I were going to be treated to air-conditioned indoor parking at this show), The All Ford Picnic, and almost worst of all My high school's annual Alumni Day Car Show (where I usually show my 57, I get to drive on campus with my headers open, something I'd have been expelled for just a couple of years ago {60}). lol Believe me next year I'm scheduling the vacation.  By the way Rick will be representing the club and our 57's at most of these shows.

Anyway congrats on getting your car home for the final assembly, good luck and do it right.

Bob
57 AGIN

JimNolan

Bob,
  The light in the hanger doesn't do it justice but this is my 63 just back from the painter. I guess I'll leave the 57 alone for a little bit and work on the 63. Jim PS  Enjoy your vacation.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

57AGIN

Jim:

It's really tough when we have to decide which of our toys to play with.  Enjoyed your journey to the drags and the painting saga with your 63.  Keep up the good work and the informative threads on this site.

Bob
57 AGIN

Ford Blue blood

Jim when you get tired of the 63 just let me know, I can live with the box top even though my first car after I got back from Nam in66 was a 63 1/2 "Z" motor/4 speed/3:89 T-lock from the factory....... :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

awesome lloking car Jim...I had forgotten they had that roofline in '63. It's been a gazillion years since I've seen one..I usually picture the fastback like Bill mentioned in my mind. I love 'em both..'63 is one of my favorite Ford years. Wish I had my '63 turquoise on turquoise convertible 390 I had back in '66 ( actually my first wife's).
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe