News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

My new threshold for saving parts:
- if it doesn't go on a car that I own
- if there are two or more of the same part
- if storage costs more than the value of the part
it has to go.

One plus is scrap is a little better than a year ago!

racton

:unitedstates:well please post some of what you have available before scraping them.`I am not that far from you.just thinking....Racton

RICH MUISE

I'm back on line!! With one of the computers anyway. We slept in the new house for the first time on Saturday. After almost 5 weeks, this place still looks like a warehouse, but it's getting better. The Suddenlink guy was out to fix what the previous teckie was suppose to have done last Friday. When he came down from the attic he informed us we needed to call an exterminator. He was flashing his flashlight around and saw some eyes staring at him.......squirrels!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

That most definitely is a job for the professionals!  The lady who was my HVAC services contractor where I worked related the tale of squirrels in her attic.....listening to her tell the story had me and my guys rolling on the floor.  Bottom line the effort by her husband to rid the place of the little critters resulted in two bullet holes in the roof, three holes in the sheet rock ceiling and a broken arm before he gave up..... 
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

That's funny. I've got to take a walk around the house and figure out where they are coming in from. At least they're not raccoons. Had a family of six living in our attic in Colorado.
The week after we bought the house I had a possum come strolling into the garage. Hadn't seen one of those since I was a kid.

terry_208

I have had a squirrel problem, too.  At one time three of my neighbors were feeding the little critters they would eat/carry off.  I managed to keep them out of the house but had $300 of wiring chewed off my week old p/u.  I live trapped about 3 dozen and relocated them to the city park for everyone to enjoy.  Then I found out the city was live trapping them and returning them to the neighborhoods.  I'm going to start trapping them with conibear 110's.       
Terry

hiball3985

I'll gladly trade my gofers for anyone's squirrels  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Red Squirrels..they are my enemy.......
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Swank

just wishing this old bad bird a happy birthday.
...it's about time to wake back up.

-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

gasman826

Happy Birthday

CHIPMUNKS.  Killed all my landscaping.  Put out these little pills (arsenic).  Most were belly up the next day.  More moved in and before I could offer up some more pills, hawks moved in and cleaned them out.  Haven't seen one since.

I now have one of them neighbors that dumps bags of shelled corn on the ground.  I got more deer **** in the front yard than I did when I lived in the country.  Ya, squirrels too but no hawks.  Must be the eagles and hawks don't mix.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: gasman826 on 2017-05-10 13:24
Happy Birthday

CHIPMUNKS.  Killed all my landscaping.  Put out these little pills (arsenic).  Most were belly up the next day.  More moved in and before I could offer up some more pills, hawks moved in and cleaned them out.  Haven't seen one since.

I now have one of them neighbors that dumps bags of shelled corn on the ground.  I got more deer **** in the front yard than I did when I lived in the country.  Ya, squirrels too but no hawks.  Must be the eagles and hawks don't mix.

Gary, I've got the Chipmunk problem, sure would like some additional information on the "little pills".
Thanks
John

gasman826

ASSAULT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-lbs-Assault-Mouse-Rat-Bait-Bulk-Pellets-with-Bait-Box-/371027759818?hash=item5662fa52ca:m:mAqSpAd6euAEhn7_GRcwYHw

Search the inter web and I'm such you can find a smaller amount.  If you need five pounds of this stuff for your chipmunks, you're in danger and should move out.

I've carefully peeled back the top of ground mole tunnels and seeded a few on these in with great success. 

Good hunting!

KYBlueOval

Thanks Gary..........I'm laughing at the "should move out" response. I don't need that much! I'll go hunting for a smaller quantity of a like product.
John

RICH MUISE

Squirrelyday yesterday.....Went to Zebos yesterday and bought two squirrel traps, then to hardware store then to the old house to pick up lag bolts and stuff to fix where the squirrels were getting in. There was a mechanical problem with the power supply lines going to the house causing the trim board along the roof to pull away from the roof joist ends and soffitt. This is where they were getting in. The critters ran down the power lines then up where the opening was 1 1/2" or so. I wanted to fix that before I set the traps. So, I'm up on my stepladder with all those heavy power lines for the 220 3 phase over my head gradually working the opening closed when I noticed the only thing holding those power lines up there was the old lag bolt that had pulled out of the roof joist was cockeyed in the hole passing thru the trim board and that was the only thing holding all those lines up!! Not good.
So,I had always heard the power company owns everything up to and including the meter, so I gave them a call and explained why I was about one strong wind from loosing my incoming power lines. She said they may or may not be responsible, but would send somebody out within a week or so, suggesting I might want to call an electrician. After being routed from one guy to another for 15 minutes, I finally got one to agree to come out later yesterday. I hung up and the phone immediately rang. It was the power company calling from the alley behind my house. He had new stuff installed on the adjacent roof joist and done in 15 minutes!
Last night at dusk I was out in the back and saw a squirrel up on the power line at the house chatting with another squirrel up on the roof. They both ran off after a few minutes. Hopefully to find a new home. Not sure if I'll set the trap. I can't get back to the corner where the cable guy told me he saw one to see if there are babies up there.

terry_208

It sounds like a relatively easy solution to a potentially bad problem.  I'm glad it went well!
Terry