News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Set the trap!  If there is still one up there he/she will tear up a bunch of stuff trying to get out.  If there are babies there they will perish.  They won't stink because of the dry heat in the attic. 
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

will this moving stuff ever end??? I think my life as I knew it is over.
This Morning Coffee thread crept up over 100k views today...incredibly cool for a small forum.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

2drhrdtp57

Morning all from New Zealand, have not posted here for awhile but I am finally getting back into my 57 again that I have had since 2004 and am eager to get it finished this year, so will probably be looking for help from members as I get into the reassembly of the finer parts from the group here. Working through installing wiper washers as OG as I can make it look as my car never had the Aquamatic option. Some progress pics of the engine bay
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

2drhrdtp57

Engine bay club vic
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]

RICH MUISE

Good to hear from you again. That engine bay looks great.

Swank

Definitely does look good.  How close to OG silver color is that air cleaner?
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

2drhrdtp57

It's Argent silver so hopefully pretty close
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]

hiball3985

Color looks close, just a little too glossy but that just may be the photo or lighting.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I'll never know...........
yesterday I took my dog and went for an early evening ride in the '57. There's a nice rest stop on I40 about 65 miles east of Amarillo that I like to take an occasional run to. It's on the North (westbound) side that has one of the few nice overlooks  in the panhandle. So, I pull up and get me and my dog out and this younger guy, mid 20's, Hispanic, comes almost running over and says in a very thick accent "nice car, nice car" Ford??
I said yes, thank you, it's a '57.  He then said the phrase we've all heard before...."Home in California we've got one in our garage just like it I think." (At least that's what I think he said). I just smiled thinking it was probably an old Rambler or something. Then he said a few lines I definetly did not understand, followed by "they use to run these NASCAR right?". I said yep, they did, and me and my dog got on with our walk.
A few minutes after they left I got to thinking....he recognised the car as being close to what he had, knew about the Nascar days, made me wonder if it was posible back in California he has an old '57 with the NASCAR markings still on it. I'll never know.

Ford Blue blood

I have had a couple of those "close encounters of the third kind" myself.  Often wonder how things would have turned out had I pursued the event......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2017-05-10 11:32
Red Squirrels..they are my enemy.......

I guess so..those things are so friggin big, they almost look like small children when they stand up.  I saw some in Massachussetts the last time I was there that were so fat, they could barely climb the tree, must;ve been 15-20 lbs or so...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2017-06-15 11:59
I guess so..those things are so friggin big, they almost look like small children when they stand up.  I saw some in Massachussetts the last time I was there that were so fat, they could barely climb the tree, must;ve been 15-20 lbs or so...

HA HA HA HA HA....... Yea.... Reds are Nasty
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Jeff Norwell

Nothing scares me more than......snakes.
Water moccasins ,....cotton mouths ..rattlers...... Flat Top Bob is always sending me pics of stuff he "Eliminates" in his wrecking yard.......
Years ago.. when we first met and my first visit(15 years ago) i was out in the yard rooting around in a 40 Ford p/u cab trying to persuade a column to free up.....I was being very careful as to take the whole thing because I wanted all of it.... so I am listening to the 2 way radio as I am upside down and resting on my shoulders trying to remove the bolts of the column drop..... Bob is talking over the system but i can't make out what he is saying due to the squelch.
I crawl out of the cab and he radios to me that the snake kit is under the trucks seat(yard truck)
"What snake kit?"
For rattlers he mentions.

.......I fired the torches and cut that SOB out of the cab so fast..............

I hate snakes.

djfordmanjack

C'mon Jeff, they are just snakes (with all respect). 2 weeks ago I was driving my 64 Ford on a winding Croatian seaside road and sure enough there were 2 HUGE snakes fighting ( or loving) each other in the middle of the road. got around them with screetching tires and hoping they made it back into the ditch before one of those leadfooted Croatian truck drivers came along... :003:

Jeff Norwell

No Thanks G man.. at least where i live I can see the bears,Fishers,coyotes,Moose,wolverines and coy wolves coming!...Snakes.. no thanks! LOL!