News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Country Sedan mocha silver V8 4dr wagon

Started by djfordmanjack, 2016-11-29 03:06

Previous topic - Next topic

billd5string

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2017-04-14 16:57

That cover over the floor switch and pedal are really cool. Is that factory? I guess knowing you it must be - mine doesn't have either.

And I love the smiley face on the transmission hump - I know it's probably already covered up by carpet, but I smile every time I see it in your pictures.
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

RICH MUISE

Guenter....what rear view mirror is in yours?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

@Rich
Unfortunately the NOS FoMoCo box for the mirror has no part# on it other than 'Comet nite and day' written by hand. bought it from ebay and I think it's 1964ish Comet/Fairlane. it's hard to tell as those look all so similar ( T bird Galaxie Comet Fairlane) I like the stripes on mine and the day/night mode is really useful in a daily driver. it's also a lot wider than the og 57 and covers the whole wraparound liftgate glass in the CS wagon. the stem has the correct threads for the 57 bracket and nut and it fits without any modification whatsover.(I have and keep the og 57 mirror for later, if somebody wanted to put back to stock).
@Bill. this is the factory dip switch cover that we were discussing a few weeks or months ago. again they rust out because of the faulty vent drain rubber, which is directly above. John Gambill Sr had some for sale in the classified section short time ago with other nice stuff ( I bought a NOS idler arm kit ). He either sold all of the covers or deleted the ad for other reason as I can't find it anymore. you should pm him. (I am talking about the metal cover that actually holds the dip switch)

That pedal is an old accessory from the 1950s or 1960s. They are readily available on ebay for around $20 and they sure are useful!
I have one of them in all of my dip switch equipped cars. They are called EZ-Dim'r or Dimmer and simply slip over the og dip.
switch. They make finding and pressing the dip switch much easier.

hiball3985

Guenter, just curious but I have never heard the dimmer switch referred to as a dip switch.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Jim, maybe this is a British expression I have taken over from my British bikes, MGs and British friends. Let's hear what Gary says about that. You know about their bonnets, mudguards and stuff.... :002:

lalessi1

"That pedal is an old accessory from the 1950s or 1960s. They are readily available on ebay for around $20 and they sure are useful!
I have one of them in all of my dip switch equipped cars. They are called EZ-Dim'r or Dimmer and simply slip over the og dip.
switch. They make finding and pressing the dip switch much easier."

Well I HAD to have one... I ordered mine on eBay this morning. Way cool, I have never seen one before.
Lynn

djfordmanjack

received the CS script from San Diego, Ca. via Carver, Ma. ! Thanx Jay and especially Conti Bob for the great script. It's in about the same condition and patina as my orginal and matches the wagon perfectly! I am going to use it as is, replacing the old one ( missing the  'n' which I had added with a pencil).

mustang6984

LOL!!! That was a heck of a nice "lead job" for the "N". A casual glance would have passed right over it.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2017-04-18 07:09
Guenter, just curious but I have never heard the dimmer switch referred to as a dip switch.

Jim
I haven't heard that expression "dip" since the 50's when I was in England.   

djfordmanjack

replaced a leaky fuel gauge sending float

good news the tank is near mint inside. must have been replaced or cleaned before:

put a little extra padding in the worn seat cushions. this is just a quick repair for this season.

carpet, sisal mats and seats are back in the wagon.

this is not a tailfin, it's a tool tray ! :003: :003: :003:

Swank

-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

djfordmanjack

staying on topic, this is no restoration! corners cut , but cleaned up.
Plenty of OLD and worn in this wagon - and proud of its history ! :003:

first time out of the shop and hanging out with the rest of the 'Gang'.
I have been working nearly 20 years to finally get this together. mighty proud. :taz: :steeringwheel:

hiball3985

It looks awesome for a driver. Light the fire and drive it like you stole it  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

You ought to be proud! Looks good...well done!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Great photos......They all look good. Heck of a collection you put together, Guenter.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe