News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My '57 Ranchero build in pictures

Started by dmkberger, 2018-01-07 12:35

Previous topic - Next topic

fdlrc

I'd like to see some pics that show your plumbing as I have the same box, when ya get the chance. I wonder if you could rotate the booster unit to accommodated a Wilwood master cylinder.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

dmkberger

Rich,
I need to look into the cop system you're talking about. I like the look of the cop and would prefer it, but there are draw backs to the systems that have true coil on plug and I wanted to avoid those, so being able to get the look without the anti theft crap and the other problematic issues with a newer model Mark VIII would be great!
I am not sure on radiator yet. If all goes well, I will use the Lincoln unit that I took out of the donor car. Time will tell...
I am nearing the point where I can mount the front sheet metal and start fitting the other crap, like the radiator.
I'll keep ya posted.
Thanks, you made my night with the news that I may be able to use cop valve covers etc.!
Take offs are optional, Landings are mandatory.

dmkberger

Hey fdlrc, I am not sure if you can rotate the booster or not, but I don't see why not...
Personally, I think that if you made a plate to attach to the unit where the master attaches, and put the bolts where you needed them to fit the Wilwood master... Why wouldn't it work?
I will look at it and see what can be done... I have a couple things going tomorrow, but I will see what I can do to figure it out for you.
Take offs are optional, Landings are mandatory.