News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Mk2 business end, Daytona 1967. Note 2 anti-roll bars to counteract the forces on the banking

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

Ford's 1974 Cherry Hill Test Facility track in the snow, Village Industries

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Neat pics again. Is #6316 Boston? 1925-1950......wow sure makes you stop and think, only 25 years, but what a difference! Compare that change to our last 25....a 1999 to me isn't a whole lot different than the new ones.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Good eye Rich! Scollay Square from Sudbury Street, Boston, 4:00 P.M., May 22, 1957
"Scollay Square (c. 1838–1962) was a vibrant city square in downtown Boston, Massachusetts. It was named for William Scollay, a prominent local developer and militia officer who bought a landmark four-story merchant building at the intersection of the Cambridge and Court Streets in the year 1795. Local citizens began to refer to this intersection as Scollay's Square, and, in 1838, the city officially memorialized the intersection as the Scollay Square. Early on, the area was a busy center of commerce, including daguerreotypist (photographer) Josiah Johnson Hawes (1808–1901) and Dr. William Thomas Green Morton, the first dentist to use ether as an anaesthetic.
As early as the 1950s city officials had been mulling plans to completely tear the Square down and redevelop the area. Eventually more than 1,000 buildings were demolished and 20,000 residents were displaced. With $40 million in federal funds, the city built an entirely new development there, Government Center."

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the confirmation. Had I seen a steaming tepot in that picture, I would have known for sure. I honestly don't remember the lighthouse.
My dad use to spend some time in Scollay square. He had the overcoat, hat and a shoulder holster for a gun. He told us he was a part-time private detective, but as I got older, I always wondered. We moved to the country (Acton) when I was 10, and once again, as I got older I always thought it was a good move getting me out of the city, as I was for sure admiring the wrong crowd. LOL, maybe he was just getting himself away from the wrong crowd. Either way, worked out well.

CobraJoe

1963 Sebring Shelby American Cobra Workshop

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

gasman826

Hey!  That's my engine!

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Joe, I just noticed a few days ago that this thread overtook the "morning coffee" thread for the most read ever on this forum! Not sure when that happened exactly, but a belated congrats.

CobraJoe

Thanks buddy!
The whole idea behind this and the Random Picture thread from day one  was to generate traffic for the forum; sorry that I let it go for so long.  :'(

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,