News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

A little info on the Holman-Moody Falcon above:

The Ford Custom Car Caravan 1963-1965

"Under the leadership of Ford Special Projects Division, the Ford Division conceived the Ford Custom Car Caravan in 1962 to create and campaign customized and performance-themed Fords  to the youth market  throughout the United States.

The Caravan started in fall 1962 and first relied upon cars built in-house, then presented customized factory cars built by commissioned shops to factory specifications. Ultimately, the Caravan adopted privately created custom cars based upon production automobiles.

As the Caravan grew and more custom cars were needed to fill at least three regional Caravans, Ford reached out to additional customizers and eventually either commissioned or adopted the work of the Alexander Brothers, George Barris, Bill Cushenbery, Ford's prototype maker Dearborn Steel Tubing, Fostoria Customs, Dean Jeffries, and Gene Winfield.

To meet auto enthusiasts' parallel and growing interest in muscle cars, Ford expanded the Caravan to feature performance versions  including  Dearborn Steel Tubing's 1963  Mustang III designed by Vince Gardner and  the 1962 Holman Moody Challenger III.

The Ford Custom Car Caravan concluded sometime during the 1966 show season. The Caravans showed that Ford Motor Company was a proponent of custom cars. Ford's efforts gave credence and publicity to customizers like George Barris, Gene Winfield and Vince Gardner.

For four years, Ford presented its Caravan at trade shows, International Show Car Association shows, Ford dealerships, county and state fairs, shopping malls, and teen fairs.

Holman-Moody also build a special Falcon Competition Coupe with a chopped fastback roof and sectioned body. Work was done by Lujie Lesovsky. This car was in the caravan for 2 years with steel wheels and Moon discs later in 2 different colours. A high-output Ford 289 V-8 and 4-speed installed."

Picture courtesy David Fetherston
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

Ed Hugus had a great sense of humor, and often wore his "Bus Driver Cap" while at Le Mans. Here he poses with the Cobra he set up to race at Le Mans in 1963
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

I had an uncle that wore one of those hats all the time. Haven't seen one for decades.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

oldave57

Cobra Joe,

I don't know how you come up with these pics and information, but I can't wait until the latest post.  This stuff is just great.  Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing.

Dave

CobraJoe

Thanks Guys; bonus pics:

Titus FORD Engine Delivery

Titus Finished Engines

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

Chris Amon right after his first place finish of the 1966 LeMan

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

rmk57

The photograph is very crisp and clear, detail is amazing.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

Quote from: rmk57 on 2024-07-24 10:30The photograph is very crisp and clear, detail is amazing.

The beauty of black & white.

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

hiball3985

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,