News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

any comments on that pic are highly appreciated, Joe. I can hardly identify the car. Possibly a French Ford Comete ? the Ardun is something else. A friend of mine has a 1947 Allard with a  near-stock 239 Flathead. They were available with Arduns. Iron Trap Garage they build a 33 with an Ardun, one of the early original sets. Pic above is crazy, obviously a touring coupe, not a Hot Rod. maybe ACE or some other British manufacturer ?
I cannot identify the transmission at all. seems to be RHD.
Another friend of mine just purchased an early French Flat ( not an Army unit) that came out of a German WW2 ambulance truck of all things.

CobraJoe

I believe it's a '53/'54 Studebaker:
 "Beachball" Belmont Sanchez's iconic Studebaker

"It all began in 1955 when Belmont Beach Ball SanChez, the rather portly son of a used-car dealer removed a 53 Studebaker post coupe from his fathers pre-owned car inventory and joined forces with Clark Cagle and Carl LeMmon to build the first door-slammer to break 200mph"

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

Wow, that is interesting ! Thank you.
200mph with an Ardun converted Flathead !
The Stude certainly helped with good aerodynamics.

CobraJoe

1964 Phil Hill

"After retiring in 1967, Hill became a commentator for ABC's Wide World of Sports, road-tested cars, and contributed to Road & Track magazine. He died of complications from Parkinson's disease.

Philip Toll Hill Jr. (April 20, 1927 – August 28, 2008) was an American racing driver. He was one of two American drivers to win the Formula One World Drivers' Championship, and the only one who was born in the United States (the other, Mario Andretti, was born in Italy and later became an American citizen). He also scored three wins at each of the 24 Hours of Le Mans and 12 Hours of Sebring sports car races."

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Any info on this car Joe? Because of the car behind the man, I'm assuming it's a museum picture. 
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Rich, it was the cars Exhibited at the 1955 Rotunda Custom Car Show

1933 Ford 5-window coupe owned and restyled by Oliver Hine of Charlotte, Michigan. Oliver raced the car in 1951 and 1952, before he decided to turn it into a show car. The build was completed early in 1955, and it was displayed the same year at the Rotunda Custom Car Show.

The Hine Ford as it appeared in 2017 when it was advertised for sale for the upcoming Auctions America Fort Lauderdale Auction April 1, 2017

Ford held custom car and hot rod shows in their Rotunda building in 1955 and 1956

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Thanks Joe, it's a beautiful car and your info explains why my only thought on the car was "it sure doesn't need any modifications", lol
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

My old '68 after I sold it back in '85. I had built a '70 351C 4bbl w/ a large spline toploader; when I sold it, the guy pulled the drivetrain and sold the car to a body of mine who ran it with a 351W.

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,