News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

Sorry....back to FORD stuff:

Michelle Pfeiffer (and I'm pretty sure that's a Falcon)

CobraJoe

Went to the "local" cruise night ( it's only local for Jay) and we ran into another beautiful '57:

CobraJoe

Ecode70D

It was a nice evening at the Halifax cruise.  There were three 57 Fords.  Cobra Joe's, mine and a retired police officer with a red and white convertible. 
     As  you know,  Joe does not like the  58 headlights on his red and white 57 and wants to replace them with 57 headlights.  I offered to sell Joe the ret. police officer's front fenders after he walked away from his car. I  told him that he would just have to work fast and I have some tools in my car.  Joe declined the offer.  That's too bad because they were the right color too.
     When we were leaving the cruise, we checked the count and there were over 600 cars..  It's nice to have another 57 fordforever member at the local cruise with his car, and he does not waste valuable time looking at those CXXXy things             

CobraJoe

Thanks Jay. I would have taken you up on your offer, but a pipe wrench and a rubber mallet hardly qualifies as "some tools".  :003:
Yeah, 622 and there were still people coming in when we were leaving.

CobraJoe

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, On the first page, In the third picture down, In the middle of the top row is a car with the same side trim as my 57 custom 300 ( 70B ).. I thought like most of the missing pieces on my car the side trim was missing the other pieces I've seen on other 57 custom 300's... Was there different side piece packages available ?? Thanks for sharing your knowledge of these cars..

RICH MUISE

Glennmichael............first I've been aware of it. It'll be interesting if anyone has the details. Certainly one on a new car delivery truck would indicate it was an option. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Jay, Joe......I sure wish we had a cruise like that here. That is a beautiful ragtop. Was he local?
Joe..........awesome pics again.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Looks to be either Dick Loehrs or Gas Rhondas long nose Mustangs under construction. Could be Hubert Platts also but the one in foreground looks orange.

These are great photos, many I have never seen before.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Marc

Glennmichael, I've seen other Customs with just the single strip and no gold trim so I'm guessing there would've been 2 side trim options for 300's.
However looking at that picture, I noticed something weird about the 4-door Fairlane on the bottom rack. The side trim looks like it continues past the "dip" where the fin starts and travels downward along the back door. I've never seen anything like that in any literature or photos.

RICH MUISE

Maybe Canadian Fords? Bob Burdoff's famous '57 Custom had side trim he told me was from a Canadian Ford. I was also trying to figure out that black Fairlane, Marc. Just didn't look familiar as we know them, would have liked a full view shot of that one. Also, not sure that they are new vehicles as I first mentioned.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

The bottom black one looks like a Meteor Rideau.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Marc

Yep, forgot about the Canadian Fords. That's exactly what the black one is.