News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

Ah...gas lines! Such fond memories...calls to various stations for people fighting over who was first. Do not miss those! ( fellow officer threatened to make to make on guy buy gas for everyone in line for making them all sit and watch him argue with an old lady over which was next in line)
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

mustang6984

Looks like Viet Nam circa 1975...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-05-21 17:24
Looks like Viet Nam circa 1975...
Close....
Vietnam War 1972
Lightly-wounded civilians and troops attempt to push their way aboard a South Vietnamese evacuation helicopter hovering over a stretch of Highway 13 near An Loc in Vietnam on June 25, 1972. (AP Photo)

fdlrc

CobraJoe, what are looking at in #124?
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

hiball3985

A call to the exterminator worked well.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

THAT is an infestation of bugs!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

Sometimes I wish I still had my 65 for running around town, or my Falcon.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Falcon...all the way. Even with a straight 6...the Falcon was able to get out of it's own way. VW's...well...if I look up the word anemic in the dictionary there is a pic of a VW in the description!
I LOVE Falcons...wish I had been able to score the one I tried getting my hands on years ago...Falcon Ranchero...SWEET!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Quote from: fdlrc on 2020-05-22 06:51
CobraJoe, what are looking at in #124?

Federal Telegraph Magnets for Cyclotron
" The cyclotron, invented by Ernest Lawrence in the 1930s, is a unique circular particle accelerator, which Lawrence himself referred to as a "proton merry-go-round." In reality, the cyclotron specialized in smashing atoms. Part of this atom-smashing process requires very large, very heavy magnets -- sometimes weighing up to 220 tons. In this photo, workers at the Federal Telegraph facility in Menlo Park, California, are smoothing two castings for 80-ton magnets for use in one of Lawrence's cyclotrons at the University of California, Berkeley. Lawrence passed away in 1958 -- and just 23 days later, the Regents of the University of California voted to rename two of the university's nuclear research sites: Lawrence Livermore and Lawrence Berkeley Laboratories. | Photo courtesy of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. "

https://www2.lbl.gov/Science-Articles/Archive/early-years.html

hiball3985

OK, I'm confused as to what type of magnet it used? Was it a wire wound or Alnico type?
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Jim, I take it as it was an Alnico cast . that would be one huge magnetic power source. try to use your I phone next to it...hahaha....
Would you believe there are different magnetics? I have been and still am playing with electric guitar pickups and you wouldn't believe the difference. Again I am preaching to the choir. you probably know more about permanent magnets than I could ever read in books and guitar magazines..... BUT I used some Alnico Seymore Duncan Single coil P90 pickups on one of my vintage 1959 Czech Jolana guitars and she goes like crazy...love the old sound.
Since I'm a big fan of Volkswagons, I might take a little offense in your bug in the woods pic... :003:

djfordmanjack

this my '56 oval bug. I am the second owner. og paint og chrome og interior og engine. sold new 2 miles from my place. still here.  :003: