News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

heres some pics of my Apal Jet VW ( Jeffries buggy). 1949 Shoebox Ford taillights and all... :003:
just kick me out of here if getting offensive.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

THAT had to hurt. I remember seeing shows or movies when I was still pretty young where guys did that. Made me wince even then. OUCH!  :icon_scratch:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

speaking of that had to hurt:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hiball3985

In defense of the old bug I think they did what they were designed for very well. Does anyone remember the simple tow bars for the front bumper you could attach with just two pins? I always thought those were neat.
My sons friend builds bugs for racing 1/8 mile strips. I don't know what new technology they use but these things scream :burnout:
Back to our regular program
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2020-05-23 15:51
haha Tom. yeah those cars are good for some winter fun for sure. firsthand experience here. :003:
The type 3 was ill fated. was thought of the better VW but never really caught on. sure sold lots of them but they were never close to as reliable or responsive as the og Type 1 (beetle). Man those buses are SLOW..... 30hp....wow !  looking good though.
today everything is different. it is very easy to build a 150hp motor from a 40hp case. they go like stink. they are lightweight. In Europe those bugs were like the A-V8s of the USA. everybody interested in old cars started tinkering around VWs in the 1970s/80s/90s. Also owned a sweet buggy, the og body was designed by customizer Dean Jeffries in the 1960s. A lot of todays influence on the Vw scene is coming from the US. starting in the mid 1960s with the California look, that caught on worldwide. nothing more like a big'n'little hot rod stance and wheel combo taken from the saltlake hot rods. So there is a lot of links between old Fords and Vws

btw, that gyrodyne hoovercraft that Joe posted, appears to be powered by a Porsche flat 4 engine !

My dad bought my mom a new '60 ( I think) VW bus. We had never seen one before. Mom HATED it. She drove it front first through the garage door,  we always wondered if it was on purpose! Her next car was a '57 Fairlane 500 donated to her by her mom. It was my first car....

I had a friend who put a Corvair engine in his VW bus, BIG change!
Lynn

CobraJoe

mustang6984

OH! Joe both of your most recent pics...gave me pangs of pain! YIKES!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

Bruce and Steven Spielberg. Saw Jaws at the theater when it came out in 75', fantastic movie and probably turned a lot of people off from swimming in the ocean ever again.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

mustang6984

OOPs. Ruined his sunny Sunday afternoon drive. Hope he was okay. Gonna need a new car though.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

Danny "on the gas" Ongais. He used to drive the Mickey Thompson Mach 1 funny car back  in the late 60's. Talented driver for sure.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Tom S

I taped that 1981 Indy 500 race. There was a close shot that followed the crashed Danny Ongais car as it slide along, burning fiercely, with Ongais' legs dangling out & bouncing along the pavement. You could see that one of his legs was severely broken since it twisted around & facing the wrong way.
Since Ongais was unconscious we didn't know if he was still alive. With the whole front of the car completely gone the impression you got was that he had indeed been killed. : (
All in all it was a horrific sight that has stuck with me ever since.

CobraJoe

mustang6984

Got a bit breezy one day...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker