News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Thanks, that was the whole idea, otherwise, I would have put up a metal building. It definitely would have been cheaper!
...and had I known the bull$hit I was going to have to go through, I would have done it just to piss 'em off!
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

jviera

Joe great job really done right, I will have to go down  and see it in person, again congratulations. JV

CobraJoe

Thanks John, a ways to go yet, but getting there; slow but sure...
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

are you going to put insulation before you pour the slab ?

djfordmanjack

This is kind of emberassing when compared to your very stylish and huge shop extension, Joe. But sometimes small things count.
Been fed up so much about having to work in that dark cave of mine, so I simply decided to rip open the roof and let some sunshine in.
Overhead light makes a huge difference and much more fun to work, when you can actually see something without artificial lighting.
just the material for this project cost me over $1000. this is crazy...anyways. I saw the light !  :003:

CobraJoe

Very Nice Gunther, really adds a lot of natural light.
Yes, I am going to insulate and I am doing radiant heat in the floor. And yes, the cost of materials is ridiculous right now!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

lowrider

One dealership I worked at installed skylights when they resurfaced the roof in the shop. Made a big difference.

hiball3985

Super!! Natural light is the way to go. I try to work outside the garage as much as possible.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

thx guys. I love working outside as well, but as you can easily guess, Jim. That is out of the question over here about 6 months a year.
I am also working on further insulation of windows and ceiling to get it as air tight as possible for this is going to be a long winter.

Radiant heat like Joe is using in his slab would be the ultimate dream come true, but for now I will have to make do with my 9kW electric heater, which works nicley for this small shop anyways.

CobraJoe

DJ, electric heat here is too expensive to run. According to EVERSOURCES website, to heat my garage to 65? on a 32? day, it would cost me $5.82 per hour!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

hiball3985

Weather here is a problem also. Summer temp in the garage can reach 115, and I have been sunburned so many times working outside in my younger days just wearing shorts. Now I have to limit my summer work time from 5am to 9am. Just for laughs here is a scan of and old picture from 1975 when I was building my panel truck. At this residence I didn't even have a garage.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

Yeah, the younger days...I remember blowing up the 9" in my '74 Bronco and rebuilding it on an inclined, cobble stone driveway at my dad's house. I tented it in poly and used a kerosene torpedo heater to keep warm in the middle of a snowy winter.   :old:

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

terry_208

Terry

CobraJoe

Close, lol; Sofia Vergara

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,