News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

alvin stadel

Is that a bug screen on the back of the fuel tank?

KYBlueOval

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2021-10-13 10:01
In my last 2 shops, on the walls I went with OSB the 1st 4 ft. up then 4ft. of peg board, then sheet rock to the ceiling. I don't see very well anymore, so it is easy for me to see parts and things hanging then looking for them on the floor or under a bench. In my new shop I put my out lets about 6 ft apart, everyone give me crap on why so many. But you know what I use most of them, and I don't like extention cords laying all over the floor.  The only thing I did wrong on this new shop is I put the corners to close together. It should have bee 20 ft. wider than it is, but I keep telling myself it dosn't take as much heat the way I have it.

I also put my outlets about 6 feet apart when I built my garage addition. But rather than being a singe duplex, I have a pair in each box. The duplexes on the right side of each box are on one circuit and all of the duplexes on the left side of the boxes are on another circuit. Keeps from over loading a single circuit.
John

alvin stadel

Joe, the reason my shop and show room are smaller than I wanted not because of cash, [it would be now] but because of sub division covenance.  I have always lived in the country and never had anything to do with sub division laws. Although we built many homes that were goverened[sp] by these. We could only have a max of 1500 sq, ft.  No one was around so I added another 500 sq.ft.  Being the new kid on the block I did not want to piss everyone off right away. After the building was up all the family's around me said no big deal we don't pay any attention to the covenance.  With a little work I can still get 6 cars inside.  But now that I have sold some cars, and more to go I hope, I have plenty of room.  When we moved here all my cars were 57 fords excet for two, 65 Falcon  and 59 bird.  Like many of you I have always had a crush on 57's esp fairlane 500's.  My wife has always said if she had a body and trim like a 500 our sex life would have went off the chart. That being said I did try to keep her shined up on a regular basis. I kind of got off subject there, my point is, no matter how large or small a shop is as long as it is picked up and clean it will be your home away from home, and fun to work in.

CobraJoe

1500 sq. feet??? I wish, 700 sq. ft. max here without a variance. Also, no accessory building shall exceed 20 feet in height, or be higher than the principle building, (in this case, my house) whichever is lower.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

alvin stadel

I had  friend WW2 vet, same age as my dad, that was a mechanice on the flying Tigers, he passed away about 5 years ago, very interesting to visit with. God bless these men , as they had a whole different out look on life than most of the people that live around us now.

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

is that a turbo prop PC-6 Pilatus ?

CobraJoe

A-29 Super Tucano, used by the Colombian air force for strikes on FARC insurgents

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

A good friend dropped off a scissor lift to me Saturday morning because he couldn't see me working off a ladder anymore, lol.

I put it to good work for a bit yesterday and managed to get some of my strapping up:

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

gasman826

Right tool for the job.  I would have never completed my barn without the scissor lift!!

alvin stadel

They sure make life easyer, keep them battery's charged.

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,