News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

So this happened Country Sedan from CO

Started by abe_lugo, 2022-02-06 15:34

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

HEY! I know that fellow leaning up against the car...Looks like you bought yourself a nice rolling resto!   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

Yeah.  I just went through all of Guenters' pages now to reread Mike's resto. 

I have a few things to check on the engine like Guenter did. I also have the 292.  It does have a bit of a low pressure issue at idle. But the idle is also set really low.  So I'm gonna check that out.

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

mustang6984

Well...if my buddy retires from Phoenix P.D. like he is supposed to...I'll be back this summer. I'll come by and see how you have progressed. We're going to go to Santa Monica and begin the Route 66 road trip headed to Chi town.  :burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2022-02-08 22:11
Well...if my buddy retires from Phoenix P.D. like he is supposed to...I'll be back this summer. I'll come by and see how you have progressed. We're going to go to Santa Monica and begin the Route 66 road trip headed to Chi town.  :burnout:
Route 66 from LA to Barstow is good, from Barstow to Arizona is a poor condition road. Great through Arizona, they have maintained it well..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Yea...He has done part of it and I seem to remember his saying some parts in CA were less than polite. But we aren't gonna be in any hurry so all's good. You comin'?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Hugh.you plannin on having one of those couriers ready for a long road trip? What are you guys going to be in..if anything old, I may join you for part of the way. You know you can't avoid me, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I cheat and avoid LA altogether. I cut across the dessert and start in Victorville and run to Barstow. I've done it 3 times in the 57, nice two lane and minimal traffic. From Barstow east and through Arizona I've only done it in my 60 F100 on my way to New Mexico and Colorado..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2022-02-09 13:25
Hugh.you plannin on having one of those couriers ready for a long road trip? What are you guys going to be in..if anything old, I may join you for part of the way. You know you can't avoid me, lol.

Not sure which one he will take though I suspect will be the '66 Mustang. I will either be in my '84 SVO or the '88 Saleen.
If I didn't have anything else to do between now and then, (Probably early July) and a solid supply of cash...I could probably get one of them up and ready to go. But I still have apartment bldg issues and then my wife wants a house built on the upper pasture. So...time and  money...not quite there yet.

I do know he would love to see your car...I have spoken to him about it.   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2022-02-09 14:00
I cheat and avoid LA altogether. I cut across the dessert and start in Victorville and run to Barstow. I've done it 3 times in the 57, nice two lane and minimal traffic. From Barstow east and through Arizona I've only done it in my 60 F100 on my way to New Mexico and Colorado..

He wants to do every inch on this trip...in the Mustang. Been thinking of it, planning the drive and working toward it since '04. Nothing is gonna deter him...although a couple of things have slowed him down a touch. I may have to spend a week there with him to finish his car as he has an injury from the job that keeps him from heavy lifting.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Just curious what part of Phoenix he lives in. Phoenix is on my bucket list because of the Scottsdale Pavillion cruise, but I'm not going to have the $ for the March date I was hoping for.....and any hot summer month is definitely out.

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

Classic.   Anyhow more trip pictures

mustang6984

The first pic looks so period perfect! Big grin in the one in the driveway of the motel. You must have been lovin' it!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Was that first pic in the Santa Fe old town square? pics make me want to hit the road again!

abe_lugo

Yep.  That was in Santa Fe.  Met up with a buddy and had lunch then went downtown to pick up some wine.  We got lucky as we really wanted to come down by way of Taos.  But would have definitely got caught in the snow. The timing worked out though, we had lunch and a short shopping rest. Then headed down to Corrales, north of ABQ. To visit a coworker.  And we went to dinner from there.