News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

So this happened Country Sedan from CO

Started by abe_lugo, 2022-02-06 15:34

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Heading off to bed now...but I gotta tell you I thunk you did well. Looks like a solid base to work with. Gunther did a a rolling resto not too long ago...so he'll be a great source for you. Glad it went to a good home!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

WOW ! those are great pics ! cross country trips are exactly what these cars were built for.  Thanx for posting !

hiball3985

Great pictures. It brings back memories of our trips to Fort Collins to visit the wifes grandmother we use to do every summer.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

That Santa Fe/Taos area is one of my favorite road trip areas. The Town square where I think that pic was taken is the site of my favorite car show. July 4th the square is filled with 20k+ people in for the pancake breakfast and car show. We have a member here that lives in Rio Rancho, just North of Albq on i25. Glad you took pics, something I don't do enough of. Light traffic highways thru mountains and forests has got to be tons better than downtown LA!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

My birthday weekend came and my wife and I, made me this cake.  It's pretty good, she even got a Valentine's Day heart cake in. I never had a car cake before. It was a fun time burner. 

I got my window glass. That will be going in this week!
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

mustang6984

SWEET! Thanks for the share. You guys are talented!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Ha......"sweet" was a very appropriate description.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: abe_lugo on 2022-02-13 20:28
My birthday weekend came and my wife and I, made me this cake.  It's pretty good, she even got a Valentine's Day heart cake in. I never had a car cake before. It was a fun time burner. 

I got my window glass. That will be going in this week!

I have to ask this question regarding Abe's posts. I think my question has been discussed before, but I do not recall the answer.

My question is this..........Why do I see these "strange letters" in Abe's post. First in the Topic Title and then in replies from Abe? A quick review of his post and replies indicates that where there is an apostrophe or a contraction, it appears as these strange letter formations and the small "TM", which as I recall is short for Trade Mark. Am I the only one seeing this?  Does Abe see it?

Why does this happen ? Inquiring minds want to know.

John

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

I think it has something to do with the language setting in your profile. Mine is set to Albanian?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I do not see what you're seeing. Could be what Jim mentioned, but why would the odd stuff only show up on Abe's posts?

Fairlane62

Yes, it appears to be inserting different characters in place of apostrophe and s.

abe_lugo

Hey Guys, I dont see the characters, I'll check my language settings- I guess.   Also sometimes I post from my phone, sometimes Im at my desktop.

abe_lugo

I just checked my Language settings are set to English, either way in some of my post I do go back in and "Modify", maybe that make something happen. Either way- if someone can post a screencap of it it would help me check.

Also note that I just got an email from Coker, saying tire prices will rise 5-20% on Feb 21. So get your orders in.

Im looking at some BFGs for the CS.

Lgcustom

I'm seeing the same characters in Abe's posts. But the one just posted is clear.