News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

So this happened Country Sedan from CO

Started by abe_lugo, 2022-02-06 15:34

Previous topic - Next topic

abe_lugo

I just checked on my wife's phone and we do see the characters.  Really odd.  I don't see them on my desktop or laptop.
I double checked the date on the price hikes and it actually February. 
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

KYBlueOval

Quote from: Lgcustom on 2022-02-15 13:47
I'm seeing the same characters in Abe's posts. But the one just posted is clear.

It appears to me that the only time I see these odd letters etc, is where Abe uses an apostrophe or a contraction. That last post did not have an apostrophe or a contraction. I don't get it. There must be a computer guy on the Forum that can explain what is going on, I hope.

mustang6984

This is the only thing I see weird...and not all the time. It is what shows up in my computer e-mail telling me I have a message. And only on Abe's stuff.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

but I did use an apostrophe above - us lets see if this works I cleaned up the thread.

So now Im cross between the BFG Bias 14-800 or the 215/75R14 Diamond back or even Cokers.   The price difference is like 10.00-15.00 per
The CS does wonder a little bit on the road. it manual steering.  I want to get the tires before prices go up.

I do have 14-8.00 Bia Plys on the hardtop and they do OK, but I have yet to drive hard on the freeway.

djfordmanjack

Abe, as you know I have the 8.00 BFG on my CS and they are by far the most drivable and best  brake in wet condition bias ply I have had in 27 years. they do need 8-10 inches of travel side to side on bumpy roads but that's about it. In the beginning I made the mistake of always trying to steer the car straight, resulting in an odd zig zag course that was always trying to get worse. once you let loose of the steering wheel and with the correct frontend alignment, it just wants to go straight with said tolerance. No need to always push the car around. imho the ww width and tread /sidewall design of the BFG really perfectly fit a 57. of course radials will improve some of the handling characteristics of the car, but make sure to align the frontend correctly for that. bias ply tires need slightly positive camber, while radials work better with zero or slightly negative. In the end it's very much a matter of personal taste, and especially what you want to have in looks. I have had www radials and driven them with great results, but these days I just can't get over their clumsy looks. They just don't look right on an old car, if you prefer the olden day og look. this is just my opinion.
ps. I have made great efforts with excessively low tire pressure with bias plies. I like to drive the CS at 18-20 psi but on long highway cruises I will increase to as much as 30.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: abe_lugo on 2022-02-15 18:14
but I did use an apostrophe above - us lets see if this works I cleaned up the thread.

So now Im cross between the BFG Bias 14-800 or the 215/75R14 Diamond back or even Cokers.   The price difference is like 10.00-15.00 per
The CS does wonder a little bit on the road. it manual steering.  I want to get the tires before prices go up.

I do have 14-8.00 Bia Plys on the hardtop and they do OK, but I have yet to drive hard on the freeway.

Abe...........Don't know what you did but the odd letters are now gone. Both in the Title line and in the post verbiage.
Looks good. Much easier to read.

mustang6984

I too got three notifications of a post...and no more Egyptian letters... :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

I called BFG in 2017 and asked if they were ever going to run 14" again and was told the following year. They did and I got BFG Radial TAs 215 75 14 in 2018 from a local tire shop and a lot less expensive then Coker.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

abe_lugo

I'll be working on getting tires on Monday.  Today I got the cowl vents fix done.  I used Tom's method.  It was not too hard.  I may use some dumdum around the tube to the body. 

I found that I still had a little weep along that seam right above the cowl vents. 

Now onto other small things. 

My Country Sedan script suffers from the missing "N" on one side.  So I took it upon myself to 3D print and temp one. Not sure if I should foil it it just paint it silver.  You can see I marked one.  I printed 2.  Just in case. I will be happy if get that and the glass install this weekend.

mustang6984

Looks pretty good buddy! Artist you are!!!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

Got the new glass in this weekend.  Now I have to replace the other side rubber to match.
It was actually pretty easy to do with a helper. 

Went over to Long Beach and got some new tires and a battery. 

I ended up going with the radials! A few reasons.  It already had radials and the alignment is ok for it.  Also I have bias plus on my hardtop already. 
Lastly as of today the Coker tires went up about 40.00. 
Performance plus tires in Long Beach has not raised the price yet.

New battery as I knew it was closing in on ver 6 years olds.  And it gave me the gem light today.
Now the aftermarket Amp meter was reading high on the way back home and the gauge was way hot.  It fluctuated  from 30 to 60 amps.  The light would turn on and off.
I recently motored the generator and checked the brushes.  So the only thing might be a reg. Or a wonky gauge. 

I'm ordering a new voltage regulator and a new amp gauge. 
Does one change amp gauges out to voltmeter with a generator?

We also worked on my Wife's 57 Morris.  Did all new felts in the doors, windwing rubbers. Just waiting on the fuzzies now.

djfordmanjack

they are a real professional go-to shop in SoCal !  I heard people travel from as far as Europe... :002: :003:

abe_lugo

Awesome!
I got to doing a few more things.  I fixed the speedo cable.  Made the rear tailgate lock work. 
The ammeter issue is still concerning.  I didn't mention in the previous post it was jumping a lot while driving back.  The actual ammeter housing got really hot.   
I tried testing the regulator.  Not sure I'm connecting tot he correct tabs. But it seems to still fluctuate. I cleaned the points on it and connection tables.
I was going to order a new one. But I got caught up wondering if the generator is a 35 or 40 amp.   
So here we are.

So decided to pull the ammeter.   I'll see about finding and NOS one to reinstall.