News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

Sorry to hear about Mr Poteet. RIP !

Quote from: Marc on 2024-07-16 21:31DJ you always post the best tunes

Marc, thx. It's really about the great artist.
Would you believe that the singer in the Blues band mentioned above is the same as in this country band here (introduced several pages ahead), He sure is ! I can't believe how a single artist can cope such different genres like Blues and C&W. I can confirm that he is not an impersonator kind of artist. He sure loves both.

djfordmanjack

here is a fantastic 60s tune that got re introduced by DJ Lucky Shooter over here. a fantastic heart breaking up beat feet moving killer !
The way songs were in the time. 2 minutes everything said, everything done, got it ! no filler, all killer.

djfordmanjack

Another 2 minute perfection.

Marc

Harmonica Sam really nails that early country sound. Very impressive that he can shine in both genres the way he does.
That early 60's rock was so simple and still got it done. No autotune, no crap, just a mixture of talent and heart. Good stuff!

djfordmanjack

another contemporary Blues artist, spilling the truth....

djfordmanjack

this is a trio of songs that go together (imho). wild. perfect. forever. about as 1957 as it gets (not necessarily the year of release, but the overall feel of these great genuine rockabilly songs).

edit, all of these 3 platters were recorded back in '56, but it's perfectly fitting well with the August 1956 release of 57 Fords).

abe_lugo

Bad news.  Looks like Coco the Country sedan has a crack exhaust manifold.  Drivers side front bolt.  Big enough to have an exhaust leak.  Sucky.  I'm on the hunt for a replacement. 
I think welding will cost way more than just finding a replacement. 

The wagon had exhaust gaskets installed. 
I ready there a few different theories on gaskets or no gaskets.   The car was running well with them. So I will be leaving them on.
Just a bit bummed out.
I got the word out to a local 57 fan that will be checking but if anyone has a driver side car manifold. Let me know. 
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

djfordmanjack

Abe you need to specify if you have a single exhaust or factory duals or a ( kind of ) collector pipes down the firewall and which engine size. Generally speaking EB code are 272 and EC ( Z) are 292/312. there may be very different manifolds. I just saw a 1954 F100 yesterday that obviously had a front crossover pipe, with EBU manifolds, but the engine didn't feel to look like a 239, but more like a 292 to me. You really need to make sure which parts you are looking for. best to take records of the casting numbers. to the best of my knowledge, gasket delete only came with SBF, Y blocks definitely should have gaskets !

abe_lugo

I check to see if I have markings I can get a casting number from.  It's got duals but I'm not sure it was stock duals.  Let me get some pics. 
Yeah the truck ones are obvious.

RICH MUISE

OOBY DOOBY.......never heard it before, and was really surprised, because if I didn't know the singer, I NEVER would have guessed Roy Orbison! His voice sure got much mellower when he got older. Loved him in the few recordings he was able to do with The Travelling Wilburys.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

Manifold is * EDB-9431-B
Check pics
Rear dump

djfordmanjack

Cleveland Foundry !  :003: Appears to be factory 292 manifolds, correct for a 57. I'll check back with mine for the exact number.

Quote from: abe_lugo on 2024-07-20 18:17Manifold is * EDB-9431-B
Check pics
Rear dump

djfordmanjack

Rich, I also like Roy Orbisons part in the Travelling Wilburies A LOT! Yes he got famous for his suede, smooth voice and ballads rather, but just to show where he came from, he was at the same record studio (SUN) at the same time as Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lwis and Carl Perkins. Roy's early recordings were wild and pure Rockabilly, one of my favorites has always been Go Go Go (above) as well as Ooby Dooby, but this may be more familiar, rather a novelty or fun song.

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2024-07-20 18:09OOBY DOOBY.......never heard it before, and was really surprised, because if I didn't know the singer, I NEVER would have guessed Roy Orbison! His voice sure got much mellower when he got older. Loved him in the few recordings he was able to do with The Travelling Wilburys.

alvin stadel

Quote from: abe_lugo on 2024-07-20 16:28Bad news.  Looks like Coco the Country sedan has a crack exhaust manifold.  Drivers side front bolt.  Big enough to have an exhaust leak.  Sucky.  I'm on the hunt for a replacement. 
I think welding will cost way more than just finding a replacement. 

The wagon had exhaust gaskets installed. 
I ready there a few different theories on gaskets or no gaskets.   The car was running well with them. So I will be leaving them on.
Just a bit bummed out.
I got the word out to a local 57 fan that will be checking but if anyone has a driver side car manifold. Let me know. 

alvin stadel

Abe, I have the manifold you are looking fr. It is like new, email me at awstadel@gmail.com, or call 406-855-7362