News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

thx guys for giving the pic a pass. Totally cool with, when people decide to not drink alcohol at all, like Rich.
A friend of mine who is a local Rock Star ( leader and singer in a 1960s type garage band), and he has been known for having LOTS of fun and beers before. but he showed up at the festival, saying he didn't want to drink alcohol anymore and had been sober for months and it was totally accepted and he did a great DJ set as well.
Personally I do like to have just some beers on a weekend like that (no other alcoholic drinks whatsoever). I like the different brands, breweries and taste. Good breweries are abundant in all regions of central Europe. That said, enjoying a cold one and having a party, I never lose my mind or wake up the next day with a sore head. Never! Too much fun to be had, meeting friends, living and talking Rock n roll and driving old cars.

mustang6984

Yea, I last had a day (actually about 5 of them) where I wished I hadn't gone over the dam. One day of drinking, 2 days until the hangover hit...and then 3 days of pure misery. I did not know the human body had so many places it could hurt!
Still drink...but that was the last time I ever stepped over to that side. Over of all things a woman! UGH! Forty-four years ago this next month...right before the 4th.
However...I do have an addiction to Cherry Pepsi or Dr, Pepper...and chocolate! OOPs!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

so true. Don't forget we are also already addicted to 57 Fords ... :003:
Alcohol is also basically sugar, but I like to bring apples, candy or small glucose bars for long concert nights. I really like Dr Pepper, but personally I cannot drink more than one or 2 a day, same goes for cola and other sweet drinks. water is your best friend, and also beer.... :002:  Natural brews are isotonic and have plenty of vitamins. :003: there are also great alcohol free beers in Austria. Great with social dancing and when driving.

djfordmanjack

So, the real reason for having a cool drink or two at that show, is, because it can be getting hot. very hot. There was this really hot Thunderbird for example. It is difficult to see those hot rides and keep cool. :003:

not my pics. I was told, there is a pin up contest at this festival...

mustang6984

T-Bird? Where?  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2024-06-18 08:43Ditto, and good to see your name popped up, Joe.
Even though I don't drink..last beer was about 35 years ago........I can't imagine anyone having a problem with that.

Thanks Rich, I pop in now again but I stopped my daily posting of pics in the two threads I started (even though I still have a ton of them) because I really didn't care to argue about how archived pics were posted.
Peace  :old:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2024-06-20 14:24Thanks Rich, I pop in now again but I stopped my daily posting of pics in the two threads I started (even though I still have a ton of them) because I really didn't care to argue about how archived pics were posted.
Peace  :old:

You know what? ANYONE who wants to argue about that, and ruin a pleasure for others...can take a flying leap at a rolling doughnut.
My 2 cents worth.
Return us to those entertaining days of yesteryear at your convenience...and let those who don't appreciate it...leave the thread closed. (yea, I know...I've no filters. Also have no tolerance for snotty people who ruin things for other.)
<Rich...leave it...some things need to be said!>
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

behind the scenes.... :002:

mustang6984

Nice scene!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fairlane62

QuoteYou know what? ANYONE who wants to argue about that, and ruin a pleasure for others...can take a flying leap at a rolling doughnut.

:023: Agree

RICH MUISE

Anybody heard from Jay? (E-code70D)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Now that you ask...no...not for sometime.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

I sent an inquiry to E-code70D.
Been busy of late, but said he is now getting out in the summer sunshine a bit with the '57.
I told him he had been asked about.
Hugh
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

He also replied to me yesterday. His obligations keep him from coming on the forum more often.

RICH MUISE

At least we know he's probably OK.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe