News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My '57 Ranchero build in pictures

Started by dmkberger, 2018-01-07 12:35

Previous topic - Next topic

dmkberger

No dents in that tank for sure...
Take offs are optional, Landings are mandatory.

dmkberger

dmkberger

Quote from: dmkberger on 2018-12-29 00:25
I refuse to let this die... :deadhorse:
I am GOING to get a picture posted if it kills me. Attempt number 9

RICH MUISE

Glad you got it posted on THIS thread. I had totally forgotten about the thread to the point where if I had not posted in it, I would have thought I was seeing it for the first time, lol. My memory wories me.  Anyway, it answered all the questions I had on your other recent post.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

dmkberger

Glad to hear from you Rich, I've been VERY busy re-plumbing my house. Copper pipe in Chicago will last at least a hundred years, here in Arizona... It lasted 34! We had seven leaks and since plumbing in Arizona is in the ceiling, we had four times we had to replace the ceiling in the great room and three smaller leaks that culminated in having to replace every inch of copper pipe in the house. Not a small task that's for sure.

dmkberger

Trying again for some pictures of the car today...
I have finished the floors, finished painting and assembling the front suspension, added a brand new Borgeson power steering box and a Mustang hydro boost brake power booster.
I have the frame all painted and I am currently looking at steering columns. I have not chosen one yet, but I am leaning toward a late seventies early eighties Ford Van column. I have to peruse the local bone yards to make my choice...   

dmkberger

For some reason I can only add one picture per post and if I try to add more, they get kicked out and I have to start over again....
This is the third try to show the hydro booster.
I've reduced the size of the pictures DRAMATICALLY and still I get kicked to the curb...

dmkberger

You can see in the pic with the hydro boost that the firewall has to be reformed at the bottom of the booster and made to look like that booster came from the factory.
It's all in the works, but I've been busy helping my buddy with his '59 Ranchero while waiting on parts for mine. Here's a look at his. It's come a LONG way since we brought it to his house.

Tom S

Quote from: dmkberger on 2018-12-31 10:20... I've reduced the size of the pictures DRAMATICALLY and still I get kicked to the curb...

That pic size does not appear to be reduced since it shows a file size of 2957.28 kB and its a 4320x3240 pixel size pic. That's still a very large size pic. It would be too big for a standard monitor screen size of 1024X768.
Maybe you did reduce it but forgot to save it at the reduced size before posting?
If the second pic you tried to put in your post has a file size over 1042.72 kb it would exceed the total allowable 4000 kb & will not post.
Did you see/read my post here?
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=7304.msg67227#msg67227

RICH MUISE

Tom beat me to it. Your pic size does not appear to be reduced. If you are hitting a  "save as" button, rather than save, it is saving both the original size and the reduced size. You just need to figure out where that "save as" reduced pic is stored. On my computer, it is placed right next to the original.
The "save as" option is what I use if I do not want to permanently reduce the pixel count of the original, so I have both sizes still available. This is particularly useful when reducing a pic down to avatar size.
So, just to confirm, you do not have your pics stored on the computer? You had mentioned previously that when you right clicked, you did not have an "open with" option to chose. If the pics were stored on your computer instead of your printer, I think you would have that option.

Just a head's up........it took me a day and a half to bleed my hydroboost system to an acceptable level.....and that was just the brake lines side of it. The power steering side took a while, but not so bad. We're always told to bench bleed a master before installing, but that can't be done on a hydroboost's master. That's the reason for the two bleed valves on it, when you don't see(?) bleed valves on a normal master.
You're moving right along on your build. I'm assuming you're planning on using the MKVIII wiring harness?

dmkberger

Tom, I have been reducing my pictures to 25%, perhaps I have been clicking on the wrong icon. I have to try again. I have been through this and you've helped me with posting pictures way back when I first found 57 Fords Forever. I have to look into what I've been doing and will let you know... Time away from something like this forum is lost brain cells on my end... I am on so many different forums and each has it's own quirks...
So, I'm gonna try again and see what's going on.
Thanks Tom.

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2018-12-31 17:19... So, just to confirm, you do not have your pics stored on the computer? You had mentioned previously that when you right clicked, you did not have an "open with" option to chose. If the pics were stored on your computer instead of your printer, I think you would have that option. ...

Pix stored on a printer?! I don't understand why someone would do that.

dmkberger

My pictures are stored on my computer. I have a program that stores and sorts and does all kinds of stuff with them. I downloaded the picture program you use and I'm still trying to figure out how to use it...

RICH MUISE

Just a thought.......the pics have to be downsized before they are downloaded to this forum, that is to say, where they are stored in your computer. Are you using a Microsoft operating system, like windows 10?

Tom S

Quote from: dmkberger on 2019-01-01 15:05
My pictures are stored on my computer. I have a program that stores and sorts and does all kinds of stuff with them. I downloaded the picture program you use and I'm still trying to figure out how to use it...

I hope you downloaded all the plugins.  Here are a couple tips to start with that might help you. My 'puter keeps freezing up so I'll try to get more info for you as best I can.