News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

you gotta be kidding , Jim......

F code, manual, OD in a 2dr Ht, what they mean by gold-white ? probably inca gold ( which is pale yellow) or was there a real metallic gold color  for such a rare car or custom specs special order ?
anyways, that build sheet will cost me precious sleep hours....insane !

djfordmanjack

just re-read and somebody just wanted it ALL ..... :003:

very interesting is the chrome fender bezels and fin tips. I always thought that this was a later owner spec resto thing when seeing 57s with that. Never would have thought it was a factory option. crazy !

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2022-03-02 18:14
just re-read and somebody just wanted it ALL ..... :003:

very interesting is the chrome fender bezels and fin tips. I always thought that this was a later owner spec resto thing when seeing 57s with that. Never would have thought it was a factory option. crazy !
And chrome headlight rims?? I never knew that was a factory option. $67 a month!! thats outrageous  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

SkylinerRon

A lot of those options were dealer addons.

Dealers added a lot of stuff back then because they couldn't stock enough cars to have all the right combos.
Back then there was 20-30 options for cars.

There was even a Factory in dash air conditioner kit, exactly the same as factory installation. It even had the molding for the door that said SelectAir.

I have a factory notebook with the installation instructions for all the add on parts and kits and it's 3/4" thick.

Ron.

Lou

Ron, i think you have the book I've been looking for for 40 years. I's a " Factory Accessory Book"  I've only seen one other, and that was at Hershey in 1971. I just missed buying it and the new owner let me look thru it for a few minuets.

gasman826

Quote from: Lou on 2022-03-04 15:30
Ron, i think you have the book I've been looking for for 40 years. I's a " Factory Accessory Book"  I've only seen one other, and that was at Hershey in 1971. I just missed buying it and the new owner let me look thru it for a few minuets.

AHH!  Makes me think of the old dealership days.  Every spring we would have a bon fire out back fueled by last years factory books.  Roasted a lot of hot dogs.

SkylinerRon

The book I have has a plain cover. It is mostly 11x17 foldouts. It is the only one i've ever seen in 40 years of Carlisle & Hershey as I will buy most any 57 book or manual for my collection. I just missed a 57 salesmans training kit with records and books by about 5 minutes so I feel your pain!
If you need a copy of any page let me know.

Ron.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

rmk57

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

lalessi1

That is PRETTY COOL!
Lynn

CobraJoe

RICH MUISE

interesting pic! One could only imagine why the only person in view is an unattended kid in diapers!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe