News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Yes I did, beautiful car:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

Stumbled across this "Full/Radical" Custom. Not to my taste, but some nice work none the less....Is it me, or does this '57 look chopped?.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

djfordmanjack

Joe, this is the infamous 'Sea Burst', a real old Kustom from the 1960s. It features a crafted 3" chopped 58 HT roof, yet is a 57 Ford.
I love this car. It was for sale this spring at an affordable price, but too much for me anyways.

CobraJoe

Thanks Dj, that explains the ribbed roof. It really is a good looking car, quad lights and all.... :deadhorse:

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

Ecode70D

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2018-07-18 04:52
Thanks Dj, that explains the ribbed roof. It really is a good looking car, quad lights and all.... :deadhorse:

Joe
It really is a piece of history especially with the chopped 58 roof, but you made it crystal clear how you really feel about quad headlights on a 57. HAHA   They did a lot of work on that car and did  you notice that it was used as the family car?     

Guenter
I don't know how you manage to keep that information so you can find it so easily.

djfordmanjack

Jay I like the Seaburst so much, that I made a computer file and saving all the info and pics. If I was rich and a Collector person like Jay Leno, I'd make sure to have that car in my collection. it has speedy looking and beautifully crafted body lines. It's probably where my love of quad headlights in a 57 comes from, although there have been several more ( magazine featured) 57s customized that way in the late 50s. I can imagine to build my Del Rio in a similar fashion.

CobraJoe

Marc

oooooohhhh, that's a nice looking Edsel!

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

Some self gratification; a pair of my girls:

djfordmanjack

CobraJoe

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2018-07-20 02:52
WHAT ? :119: :038:

Yeah Gunther, I used to build those in my shop (for about 15 years; we actually built over 50), that's how I got the nickname "Cobra Joe". I sold my last one (the Daytona Coupe in the pic) about 6 years ago. As a matter of fact. I guy flew in from Germany and bought it and had it shipped back there. I did a 347 stroker, fuel injected, for the coupe:

The roadster in the picture was mine also, sold that about 2 years earlier. I built a 427 w/ Weber 48 IDA's for it: