News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-12-31 22:58
Nice...was an automatic car originally though I see.
Ha!
That car just happened to pop up in my email about the same time the 'rent a racer' post did. 
I hadn't read the description so didn't know that somebody had used good sense & got rid of that auto trans.

Tom S

Quote from: rmk57 on 2020-01-01 12:10Through all what was going on in those days with Shelby's racing program and car  production I think the guy that deserves a ton of credit is Phil Remington. Man was genius, problem solver, fabricator, he just did everything. Big part of why Shelby had the success he did.
I agree 100% & was disappointed that he wasn't highlighted a lot in the Ford V Ferrari flick. They left out a lot of things that I wish they had mentioned.
Before I'd seen that flick a friend sent this link to a great article about Phil Remington. He was a lot more than just the afore mentioned 'sheet metal guru'  It's well worth the read.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a4708/features-magazines-features-the-life-of-phil-remington/   

mustang6984

Quote from: Tom S on 2020-01-01 15:21
Ha!
That car just happened to pop up in my email about the same time the 'rent a racer' post did. 
I hadn't read the description so didn't know that somebody had used good sense & got rid of that auto trans.

The problem with having done that though is they lowered the value of the car. Since it no longer vin# correct...I seriously doubt they will get anywhere near the price they are dreaming of. I wouldn't pay that for it. Buying as a collector one looks for those things that will help it's value enhance over the years. While it will appreciate in time...it will always NOT be an original which is what brings the heavy dollars.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

X 3 On Phil Remington, shame how Shelby pushed him aside when Ford took over.

Ford endurance test Istanbul 1957

Daytona, 1965

Daytona, 1967. Pondering transmission problems of a Ford Mk II B

The love of his life, wife of 50 years, the late Joy Remington
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

In the one I watched last night Carroll can be heard saying that it was out of his hands, that he worked for Henry Ford and he really didn't have any say in the decision either and wasn't going to buck Mr. Ford. I got the impression he didn't agree with the decision...but since Carroll's operation was at that point part of Ford Motor Company...well...he was put of the controlling grouop on those decisions.
I also got the feeling that was part of the reason he himself left after a bit...same reason he chose not to work for Ferrari when Enzo offered him a position...too many politics...not enough control over his decisions.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

POLICE
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

hemidave

One of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes "You Drive"
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

rmk57

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2020-01-03 17:20

Shirley Shahan in the "Drag-on Lady" AMX in the background. How cool is that!
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

rmk57

Here's one more I took at Lions drag strip I think in 1970?  Funny cars were all the rage back then and most of the great ones were their. Mickey Thompsons Mach 1, Larry Goldsteins Ramcharger Dodge, Ronald Leongs Hawaiian, Don Schumachers Kingfish Barracuda, Jungle Jim leibermans Camaro, Seatons Shaker, Connie Kalitta, Big John Mazmanian of coarse and lots more. I was 13 years old at the time and idolized these guys. The pic is Tommy Grove and it did run a SOHC in it and thats my big sister posing.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Tom S

Supervan

CobraJoe

Quote from: rmk57 on 2020-01-03 20:17
  Here's one more I took at Lions drag strip I think in 1970?  Funny cars were all the rage back then and most of the great ones were their. Mickey Thompsons Mach 1, Larry Goldsteins Ramcharger Dodge, Ronald Leongs Hawaiian, Don Schumachers Kingfish Barracuda, Jungle Jim leibermans Camaro, Seatons Shaker, Connie Kalitta, Big John Mazmanian of coarse and lots more. I was 13 years old at the time and idolized these guys. The pic is Tommy Grove and it did run a SOHC in it and thats my big sister posing.

Really cool picture, wish I still had the stuff I took years ago.   bawl