News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANDOM PICTURE THREAD

Started by CobraJoe, 2020-05-06 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Yeah Rich, my buddy brought his crane and dropped to stacks of sheathing on the roof, other than that, mostly just my next door neighbor and myself and the occasional friend.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

Did the British actually have a carrier or is that an attempted landing on a US carrier ? any of them in the European theatre ???? or maybe post war efforts ? Very interesting pic !

CobraJoe

HMS Vengeance, Sea Fire (1-T3V) Crash Landing

An 812 or 1850 RNAS squadron Supermarine Sea Fire (Naval version of the Spitfire) has just crash landed on deck of aircraft carrier HMS Vengeance during sea trials somewhere in the Irish Sea in March 1947.

Amazingly HMS Vengance lasted on active duty right up to 2001 after being sold to the Brazilian Navy as the Minas Gerais.

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

gasman826

Initially, the US Navy disliked the Corsair due to high speed landing and big bounce issues.  So the US Navy pawned the early Corsairs off to the British Navy.  The Brits learned how to land Corsairs on carriers and ordered more.  The Brits felt the Corsairs battle characteristics far out weighed the landing learning curve.  The US Navy assigned the Corsairs to Marine landing strip duty and later found the Corsair popular with pilots that learned to land them.

djfordmanjack

Very interesting info, thx !

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

Meanwhile, back at the ranch; the neighbors attorney sent me a cease and desist letter, AGAIN!
Funny, we unloaded a trailer full of AdvanTech a few weeks back and his girlfriend drove by ( READ: around) a few times without an issue while talking on the phone. A little while later, he pulls up, stops, waits and then slowly drives by, all the while screaming for me wanting to know why I was blocking the driveway. The guy with the trailer asked him why he needed to talk to me and he replied "because Joe is blocking the driveway", to which he replied, "Why do you need to talk to him, you already made it by, and he is not the one in the driveway, I am "?
He drove off pissed; an hour later the cops should up....

WTF?

Anyways, managed to get the double hung window installed, the front door framed in in Azek, and oh yeah, got the 'freakin roof done!

And, an "Oh yeah" Did I mention that he complained to the town that my garage was too high???

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

djfordmanjack

wow, Joe, you got your hands full with that kinda neighbor. But I am sure you can handle him well. For my life I cannot understand people like this, but they are just everywhere, and inbetween. They should rather be happy that someone is making the neighborhood nice and clean with a beautiful building and keeping everything inside and tidy.
I personally have to say we have great neighbors. Surely sometimes me banging sheetmetal late at night isnt the perfect ways to make friend with my pensioner Lady neighbor, but on the other hand I do help her in the garden or when something breaks and she tells me she'd rather know somebody being around and working instead of a being alone in a bad neighborhood. Each of our neighborhood has some 'personal flaws', some loud kids, barking dogs, cats that are all over the place, a property full of old cars and tools (that'd be me then) that most every neighbor would call the police or junkyard to remove. But with us, everybody knows about their own shortcomings and will gladly accept others on a friendly foundation. Easy as that.
Once they start getting attorneys and police... friendship is over, sadly.

Anyways your garage is looking great. I like the way you set back the new attachment. it makes the building look way more interesting than a square extension. Is your soil really all sands ?  like bottom of the sea sand ?
I observed that on Jays property as well.

^B29 pic above has a lot going on. not only about the bombs. just look at those huge propellers and all the gun turrets. Certainly armed to the max.

CobraJoe

My neighbors are great, just the one is the problem. My next door neighbor is actually building it with me.
As far as the soil, it's not sandy like down by the Cape; the reason it looks sandy is that the fill I brought in was from old cranberry bogs.

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Your as#$%$^@& neighbor should be ecstatic you're keeping your construction site so neat. You obviously have permits from the city, what's with the cease and desist order? I could go on forever, but let me just say New England has an abundance of people who can't keep their nose out of other people's business. 90% of the reason I left many years ago. Kudos for your positive attitude. You don't run into too much crap like that in Texas, but then again, we are now a no permit needed to open carry state.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

FiveSevenLiter

Keep your chin up and take the high road.  I could write a book about the last few years with my adventure.  I have been here 31 years and the neighbour was already here with a small shop behind his home where he tinkered on lawn mowers and motorcycles, borrowed tools from each other, I even put in a concrete sidewalk in the back to his place.  He started stock piling crap and I spoke to him about it, 17 derelict cars on a 1/4 acre lot was one issue, dumping stale gas, sitting in vehicles under our window from midnight to 6 AM, radio on, talking on the cell phone, starting the car up was the straw that broke.  I told him I was putting up a fence, and had my property surveyed.  He let me know that I could not put a fence up within two feet of the line, so I suggested that I put it two feet on his side of the line.  Fence went up (legal) and the problems began.  Rocks on the lawn, vandalism, driving across the lawn, pulling his dick out and urinating on the fence, windshield broken, yelling at us.  I put in a five camera CCTV system and that helped me, and have lots of footage filed.  Then he bum dialed me and talked about what he was going to do to me and my property.  Our local police department attended.  They know the property well, a couple years ago there were six police cars there at 3 AM, another time the SWAT team were crawling through my yard, dog squads have been sniffing around, never a dull moment.  I will say it again, chin up and take the high road.  I could add pictures but would have to place an under 14 years old warning.
Terry
:canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012 SOLD 2024
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,