News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Yeah, with Gunter, I'm sure he is ok now as well.......it's down the road I was thinking about.
BTW, for about the 7th or 8th time, my wife is scheduled for her knee replacement surgery Tuesday. This time it looks good for a go! very low Covid patient number at the VA now. If it is a go, I'll be pretty much house-bound for a month or two.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I got out yesterday also. I'm ready to replace my gas tank, new one arrived on Friday but I still had 3/4 tank of gas. I decided I didn't want the hassle of draining it so it would be more fun to go burn it off.. Great run through the canyon out to the desert two lane roads along the bottom of the mountains covered in snow..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Having dropped a LOT of tanks, which meant draining them...I FULLY agree...driving it out is much better than draining it...especially when there is a scenic area to accomplish that goal. Looks like you had a nice "work day"... :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

It was great work day :burnout: and I got a thank you letter from OPEC  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2022-02-27 10:50
It was great work day :burnout: and I got a thank you letter from OPEC  :003:
[/quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                           ROTFLMAO!!! :icon_super:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

beautiful pics, Jim, love the two lanes !

Thx for your concerns Rich, I am ok (while worried). I may not give away my full private opinion as we want to mostly exclude political opinions on here. We are 500 miles west. which is not a lot. I know people from Ukraine personally. War is always terrible and it only creates trouble and loss for both sides. it is even so much worse because those 2 countries have mixed couples and families all over both their territories.
Austria is neutral, that is correct. Unfortunately that may not mean too much these days. Of course the attack is to be condemned, but who really knows the truth and reasons ? We may never know and we cannot really trust media and spokesman in general, so as an Austrian I tend (at least try) to think neutral.

I truly hope that Western countries will not get involved in the conflict at all, or....?!?  ********  like I said, let's keep this our board here as clean as possible and let's hope for the best and pray for those poor innocent people !

RICH MUISE

Thanks for chiming in, Gunter. I'm sure we all here are hoping the western countries do not get involved, so we're with you on that!
Nice day today. Got the '57 washed and filled up, so just had to take it out for a spin......110 miles around a lot of cattle country. Really enjoyed gettin' out.

RICH MUISE

OK.finally got a message/post from James.........I'll just post his facebook message:

"Doctor says they got all the cancer. Bad news is i have half a kidney left. They still think with some work and some temporary dialysis to kick start it, it will work.  We will see."

I was hoping for better, but it could have been a lot worse. Best of recovery, James.

djfordmanjack

thx for the update on James, Rich !

Ford Blue blood

Well that is good news and watchful news! Hope and prayers that James will have a positive result.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Well...as he said...could have been much worse. Let's hope things work out.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Prayers sent.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

abe_lugo

Thanks for updates both Gunter and on James- good to hear but still uneasy.
I feel the same on the latest- apparently someone reported a Boeing E-6 Mercury doing "Flight Practices" between Catalina and Avalon Islands in Ca. So.... were not in it, but gotta be prepared?

Aside from that, I actually drove the Hardtop this weekend, I had not driven it at highway speeds and distance, actually in years,  needless to say it needed a full flushing of the radiator and gave me some heating issues. Some were sorted on the road. I gave it a flush at home also and added some stuff to run and clean out some of the gunk.

My speedo needle popped somehow. It was reading about 10mph higher and it had been greased and everything, I need to check the cable and make sure I screwed it in all the way. I have some back up speedos to test also.

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Tom S

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2022-02-27 09:53
I got out yesterday also. I'm ready to replace my gas tank ....
Jim, what brand is the new tank & where did you get it?
I assume that it is the correct tank for wagons & Rancheros.  With any luck I may someday make some progress on one of my Rancheros that has a fabricated tank just behind the cab & below the bed. It sucks.
Some of the national chain auto parts stores here will sometimes let you order parts & have them shipped up  with their regular orders & I can avoid paying the high cost of $hipping stuff to Alaska. If the tank is a brand that they sell that might work for me.
Thanks!

Ford Blue blood

Tom check out the Ford F series rear tanks.  17 gallons, same tank comes in "in tank fuel pump for EFI" or the earlier version just a regular pickup and sender.  I did that with my Ranchero.

http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=6035.15
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II